Customer Service 866.965.0400

Is this taking wheel cleaning too far?

Desertstealth

Question

15 answers to this question

I also take my wheels off my garage queen and do a major detail once a year as well. Before the first big car show of the year, I  clean EVERYTHING in the wheel wells and then top it off with Adams Under Carrage Spray. It takes about an hour per wheel but the results are amazing.The judges look at that area as a big factor since there can be a lot of buildup of dirt etc. that can happen there and is a good indication of how the rest of the car should look as well.

I do a wheels off car detail spring and fall.

Spring; wheels get a soap and water treatment followed by clar, hand polish, machine super sealant applied by hand, brilliant glaze and 2 coats of americana.

Fall; wheels get green wheel cleaner on the front face (they are cleaned every week so there is rarely any build up), deep wheel cleaner on the barrels, a good scrub and are stored until spring.

Winter wheels get the reverse treatment except no clay, no polish, no MSS and no BG and only 1 coat of left over off the shelf wax from before I smartened up with detailing.

If you have a floor jack and a cordless impact, it really is a fast and simple way to keep things clean, plus it makes cleaning the wheel wells that much easier.

Spring wheel well treatement for me involves removing all fender liners and power washing/rinsing out all the hidden areas.  I then foam it and re rinse.  Hit as many areas with detail spray as i can, reinstall the liners.  Still don't have me any undercarriage spray, so i have been using svrt.

Hello again,

I got what I need to remove the wheels.  Weather here in Las Vegas is perfect this long three day weekend.  The Camaro ZL1 wheels are forged aluminum.

I'll clean them with wheel cleaner, then adams car shampoo, dry, apply quick sealant, wait for it to cure, brilliant glaze and finally Americana.  Does this sound like a good sequence of products?

Thanks

Marcus 

Hi,

I recently purchased a 2014 Camaro ZL1. The car has gorgeous black wheels. I want to keep them looking great. Is it too much for me to take each wheel off the car, let's say once every three months, for wash, wax and sealant?

Thanks!

Marcus

You ask as if we might think your crazy for taking your wheels off.  You do realize this is OCD headquarters right! lol