Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hello from Memphis, TN.

AdamEL

Hey, everybody. I'm Adam from Memphis, TN. I'm new to Adam's Polishes, but not new to the car care world. A few years back, I worked for Ford in the PDI department, and learned a ton about what to do and what not to do to maintain car finishes. I transferred all of that knowledge to my own vehicles and have been obsessed with keeping them clean ever since.

I bought my first brand new car in over 11 years back in 2011 [it was a Mazda 3S], traded it a year later for my first Camaro [a 1LT/RS], and then traded that off for a Camaro 1SS/RS, which I love more than anything on the planet... Well, besides my wife and family, of course. When I bought the car, it only had 5,000 miles on it, but the previous owner had ran it through a bunch of automatic car washes, and there were paint swirls everywhere. I hand compounded the finish, then used swirl remover and waxed it. It was better, but not great. So, a couple of weeks ago, I paid $300 to have the paint professionally corrected, and now it looks brand new. Keeping it looking new won't be a problem for me, as I know how to take care of it the right way. But, I just recently decided to switch to Adam's Polishes, and I'm looking forward to trying all the products and learning about them on this forum.

So, yea, that's my story. Not too exciting, but at least it involves a couple of cool cars, right?

Thanks for reading!

I've included a quick photo of my SS after I got the paint corrected. Not the greatest "action shot" of the car, but it lets you see the newly restored, gorgeous finish. Hard to believe that thing used to be scratchy lookin'... 

post-11415-0-73894200-1390025130_thumb.jpg

Welcome Adam. I know you from the Bluff city camaro club. We met at a cruise from Memphos to Nashville last year. Glad to see you around here, your car looks great.

Oh, yea! I remember your SS for sure, Chase! It was by far my favorite Camaro at the entire meet [even including the ZL1 we saw for a second]. You should meet up with us at our next little get-together. You can follow our events on Facebook at www.facebook.com/bluffcitycamaroclub .

Thanks for the welcome, everybody! And don't worry, Michael. I only use the two bucket method. I don't have any Adam's mitts, but I have a couple of nice Meguiar's mitts that I've used for years. They're so broken in now, it's like washing my car with a silk cloth, haha!

Oh, yea! I remember your SS for sure, Chase! It was by far my favorite Camaro at the entire meet [even including the ZL1 we saw for a second]. You should meet up with us at our next little get-together. You can follow our events on Facebook at www.facebook.com/bluffcitycamaroclub .

Thanks man, I put alot of time and effort into making it look that way!  Although I would love to meet up again, I actually just sold my car last week so I am no longer a Camaro owner.  I'm just keeping the forum name until I decide what I want next... ;)

Thanks man, I put alot of time and effort into making it look that way!  Although I would love to meet up again, I actually just sold my car last week so I am no longer a Camaro owner.  I'm just keeping the forum name until I decide what I want next... ;)

Whaaaaat? Why did you sell it? Did you by any chance sell it to Bud Davis Cadillac? There's a black 2010 SS that they have on the lot right now with the white SS logo on the grille that looks similar to yours. 

Whaaaaat? Why did you sell it? Did you by any chance sell it to Bud Davis Cadillac? There's a black 2010 SS that they have on the lot right now with the white SS logo on the grille that looks similar to yours.

Yeah I know...

Thought long and hard for months but just kept coming back to the same conclusion. Basically I put 5,000 miles on it in 3.5 years so I decided I could do without it and wanted to sell it while it was still worth something. Looking for a truck now, I need something to pull my boat and haul my kids around in.

That's definitely not my car on the lot as I sold it to a guy in Mississippi...

Yeah I know...

Thought long and hard for months but just kept coming back to the same conclusion. Basically I put 5,000 miles on it in 3.5 years so I decided I could do without it and wanted to sell it while it was still worth something. Looking for a truck now, I need something to pull my boat and haul my kids around in.

That's definitely not my car on the lot as I sold it to a guy in Mississippi...

Dang, man. Well, I'm sad to see your SS go. You should have sold it to me!

It was posted on C5 for a few months and I even posted in the Southeast regional thread...

You had your chance!! :D

Haha! Well, in all seriousness, there's no way I could ever buy a car outright these days. Financing is the way of us broke folk. And besides, if I had bought yours, I wouldn't have had a chance to own mine, which I love more than anything on the planet! Except for family... Sometimes...  :unsure: