Customer Service 866.965.0400

Tonneau Covers

blcksilv08

I'm in the market for a new tonneau cover and wondering what you all use and like. I've had the original roll up truxport truxedo on my truck since 2009 and really haven't had any issues with it or any water leaks. Earlier this week however a raccoon decided he wanted in the back and tore part of the cover up. I like the fact that I can still use my entire bed when I need to so a hard cover is not really a good option for me. I've been looking at the bakflip f1 and g2 covers any opinions or feedback is greatly appreciated.

I have a Downey SST.  It is just a basic cover, no flipping or locking, just a nice cover for the bed.  Their fastening system is great though - the snap is built into the cover and seats into the rail.  I am on my 3rd cover in 14 years, but still have the same rail system. 

Also Made in the USA

Edited by mc2hill

I have the Access Limited on mine. Had it on my '08, transferred it to my '12. I love my soft cover because I do so much random spur of the moment hauling that I would have no place to put a hard cover. Only modification I did to it was, I actually screwed mine to the bed because all the clamps that I have ever seen on any of the covers suck and just don't keep their bite. Best thing I ever did to it. Just used some stainless self tappers.

Thanks everyone for their input I appreciate it.

My last two or three trucks I bought Extang.........Extang Tonneaus - America's Best Selling Truck Tonneau Covers

I currently have the Tuff Tonno, I had this same cover on my old truck for 8 yrs., it held up great. Made in the USA.

From what I've seen the tuff Tonno seems to be pretty popular, I like that extang is made in the USA I keep looking at their line I kind of like the three hard panels though so the raccoon incident doesn't happen again.

I have a Downey SST. It is just a basic cover, no flipping or locking, just a nice cover for the bed. Their fastening system is great though - the snap is built into the cover and seats into the rail. I am on my 3rd cover in 14 years, but still have the same rail system.

Also Made in the USA

My neighbor has the same cover on his Nissan, my only issue with the snaps is it can be a bear to stretch and snap them in the cold but that's my only issue. Quality brand though from the sound of it, I'll see if they make a tri fold cover.

I have the Truxport on my tacoma; i don't have any experience with other covers but I can say I'm very happy with it -- it seems well made and fits great.

I really like my truxport to had one on my 2003 silverado to. Still keeping them in mind.

I have the Access Limited on mine. Had it on my '08, transferred it to my '12. I love my soft cover because I do so much random spur of the moment hauling that I would have no place to put a hard cover. Only modification I did to it was, I actually screwed mine to the bed because all the clamps that I have ever seen on any of the covers suck and just don't keep their bite. Best thing I ever did to it. Just used some stainless self tappers.

I've never seen an access in person but I think they come with a light and tailgate lower seal now which is nice.