Customer Service 866.965.0400

New car sealant wait time..

Perez

Question

I just bought a new Nissan and was wondering if there is a certain amount of time you should wait before you seal/wax your paint. I have heard of the paint out gasing for a few months when new. Your thoughts ?

8 answers to this question

Just make sure you give it a clay bar first.  Factory new baked finishes will need a clay bar after riding on boats, trains and spending time at the port before delivery to your local scratchership, I mean dealership.  Don't forget the awesome prep work they will do on delivery the the quick glazing session.

If I were you I'd clay it, use some Revive polish first to clean it up as I'm CERTAIN there are minor scratches or swirls on that new finish.  then use some Liquid Paint sealant to protect it.

+1 on the clay. Rail dust is crazy on new cars. 

For the most part yes but it also depends on how the manufacturer ships the cars. For example all Audis, most Porsches, and German/ Slovakian assembled VWs come wrapped like this and have perfectly smooth paint.

Volkswagen%2BProduction%2BLine%2BFeature 

Yes but once they step foot at the 1st dealship that wrapping comes off and they are free to trade and swap with whatever dealer they want.

I bought my truck from a local dealer who got my truck from somewhere over 500 miles away. When I got the truck it had 33 miles on it and no protective. 

Clay it.

Yes but once they step foot at the 1st dealship that wrapping comes off and they are free to trade and swap with whatever dealer they want.

I bought my truck from a local dealer who got my truck from somewhere over 500 miles away. When I got the truck it had 33 miles on it and no protective. 

Clay it.

Yes, claying it is still a good idea, but just do the baggie test and see if your car actually needs it or not.  It's really luck of the draw if you get a new car or a brand new car.