Customer Service 866.965.0400

New car and considering 3M Paint Protection Film

shrktank

Hello

I just purchased a new 2013 Toyota Avalon. I am planning on maintaining it with Adam's products.

I am also looking into the 3M PPF. I am trying to find out from others if this is worth the money. Never used it and I di not know any one who does it.

I had it on a Tundra that I had.  Product worked well.  Had a large rock tear thru it and left a ding that I had a PDR guy repair.  Had the film replaced and couldn't tell there was an issue.  Had I not had the film it would have been ugly and required a repaint.  IMO well worth the money.  Maybe look at some of the other work at they place your having do it to make sure your happy with their quality.  Have a CRV as my DD driver now and thinking seriously as to having a strip across the hood done.

Had it on my black Vette, now have it on both the white one and on the Caddy. Works great. BUT on the black  paint you'll see every little chip in it. But I agree with Chris, have a professional do it. It's worth the money for me.

I agree with both Chris and Rich. I had it installed on the nose, headlights, back of side mirrors, rocker panels, and behind all wheels on my G8 when it was new. Yes if you close enough you can see it but for the protection it gives it is worth every penny in my eyes. I had a regular bra on my Grand Prix that I had over 300,000 miles on but it left a line across the hood where it wore on the paint and I had to constantly take it off to clean under it to keep the paint from getting all marked up. I really believe if you want to keep the paint as clean from chips as possible this is the best alternative.

Edited by McDuff

Thanks for the feedback. Just placed my first order here and hit the $300 level!!! May have to not do the full hood and just go 24inches up. I do like the idea of doing behind all the wheels.

Will let you know what I come up with!!!

Absolutely do behind the wheels. I do the nose, rocker panels, mirrors and behind the wheels. I don't think the whole hood is necessary. Don't even have it on the hood of the Vette (of course, there's stripes there) .

The technician will be able to give you the best advice on where to put it.  One thing though........you notice it a LOT more on white than I ever did on the black. It's hard to get the dirt out from around the edges well enough that you don't see it right away.

i have Xpel on my SRT and it's a great investment to keep the chips away.  I went a little overboard (I think) but I did full hood, full front fenders, bumper, grills, all lights, rocker panels,mirrors, and rear impact areas.  I did it with about 300 miles on it before any chips were present.  

Edited by jbjones85