Customer Service 866.965.0400

Thank you for glass sealant

blcksilv08

I would like to thank Adams for the tremendous job the glass sealant does on windshields.

Yesterday morning I was driving home from a friends house and it had snowed all the night before. There was a dusting on the lanes and about 6 inches on the side of the roads plus all the slush/ice/nastiness from the plows. I was about 3-4 car lengths behind what appeared to be about an 89 f150 work truck. We both got over to get off at the exit going about 55 mph and about 50 feet into the ramp he decided he wanted to stay on. Instead of getting off and getting back on, he swerved into the apron kicking up all the snow/ slush/ice on the side of the road. All this was thrown onto the front of my truck so rapidly that I lost all visibility for a couple seconds. It made a horrendous sound as all this hit my truck I thought for sure my windshield had cracked. I knew I had swerved a little to try and avoid it but I didn't know how much, I also knew there was a sound barrier wall along the ramp. Thankfully one pass of my wipers and the layer of glass sealant I put on last weekend, and I was just able to see the wall in time to miss it by about a foot. After I was able to see again I tried to get back on the highway and get some plate numbers but he knew what had happened and took off. So I pulled off and got out expecting a cracked windshield and possibly busted grille or headlight. All that was damaged was my driver side mirror and a couple of small scratches to my pillar. I really think though my wipers couldn't have cleared that slush and ice by themselves and I wouldn't have seen the wall in time. Thank you again Adams for a superior product.

post-8415-0-30538600-1390747616_thumb.jpg

post-8415-0-43453100-1390747683_thumb.jpg

post-8415-0-66188800-1390747745_thumb.jpg

It never fails to amaze me how terrible some people can be out on the roads in bad conditions. Glad to hear you didn't suffer major damage and that you weren't involved in an accident.

On a more positive note, the Glass Sealant is great and I always have it applied to my car!

Edited by Gen9Rolla

Glad that your alright physically.  Broken mirror can be replaced.  Sounds like it could have been far worse.  One of the guys at work had a chunk of ice come off the top of a tractor trailer and busted his windshield.  Same guy caught a bird with his mirror on the same stretch of road and got bird guts all over the side of his body, as it was summer time and had the door open.

Just a tip.  Instead of measuring following distance with car lengths, use seconds.  4-6 seconds for speeds under 30 mph and 6-8 for speeds over 30 mph.  I know this isn't always possible, but it is something I always try to follow.  The below link provides an explanation as to distance traveled at 55 mph.  

http://www.drivingrules.net/cdl/cdlseca/stopdistance.htm

Glad your alright. What a idiot

Thanks, I agree just wish I could have gotten his plates.

It never fails to amaze me how terrible some people can be out on the roads in bad conditions. Glad to hear you didn't suffer major damage and that you weren't involved in an accident.

On a more positive note, the Glass Sealant is great and I always have it applied to my car!

Thanks, that glass sealant really does make a huge difference.

Glad that your alright physically.  Broken mirror can be replaced.  Sounds like it could have been far worse.  One of the guys at work had a chunk of ice come off the top of a tractor trailer and busted his windshield.  Same guy caught a bird with his mirror on the same stretch of road and got bird guts all over the side of his body, as it was summer time and had the door open.

Just a tip.  Instead of measuring following distance with car lengths, use seconds.  4-6 seconds for speeds under 30 mph and 6-8 for speeds over 30 mph.  I know this isn't always possible, but it is something I always try to follow.  The below link provides an explanation as to distance traveled at 55 mph.  

http://www.drivingrules.net/cdl/cdlseca/stopdistance.htm

I'm glad it didn't turn into something worse, I know parts can always be replaced it's just aggravating. Thanks for the link I usually do keep more distance than that, not really sure why I was in such a hurry to get to the stoplight.

I drive over 50,000 miles a year for the company I work for and I am amazed at how BAD some drivers are. I have seen it all in my 14 years on the road. Love motorcycles but would never own one after some of the stupidity I've seen out on the highways and byways !!!!

I drive over 50,000 miles a year for the company I work for and I am amazed at how BAD some drivers are. I have seen it all in my 14 years on the road. Love motorcycles but would never own one after some of the stupidity I've seen out on the highways and byways !!!!

+1 to this.  I do about 30-35K miles a year and I am amazed daily at the stuff I see.  I used to own a motorcycle but found myself riding it less and less due to being afraid I was going to get killed and sold it. 

Thanks for the link I usually do keep more distance than that, not really sure why I was in such a hurry to get to the stoplight.

Because everyone is in a hurry to go no where.  Glad to hear that it wasn't worse.  

At work I drive the same 1.5 mile route many times a day and each time I am more surprised at what I see others doing on the road.