Customer Service 866.965.0400

How do I get this off of my rear diffuser?

AdamEL

Question

First of all, today, I used my Adam's products for the first time ever, and I am absolutely amazed at how incredible they are. I used my Car Shampoo and Detail Spray and wiped it down with the Great White Microfiber Drying Towel and Borderless Blue Microfiber Towel. I'm a customer for life, now.

So, the main reason for this post is that white spot on my rear diffuser on my SS Camaro. I recently had to have my car professionally paint corrected [damage from the previous owner], and I'm not sure if maybe some compound got on the diffuser, or maybe my exhaust has worn the plastic a little bit. The white spot that you see in the photo is on both sides of the diffuser, right around the exhaust tips. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of that? I tried scrubbing it a little bit with the Car Shampoo and the Detail Spray, but neither affected it in any way. I know Adam's sells some trim cleaners, but I'm not sure if that's what I need or not. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks! 

post-11415-0-08686800-1390799612_thumb.jpg

12 answers to this question

Peanut butter.

Seriously peanut butter... Put a little on your finger, rub it around on the plastic. The oil will take whatever it is out (as long as its not paint overspray).

Haha, what?! Seriously? I've never heard of such a thing... So, what's the best way to get the peanut butter off after that? Just wipe it off, or will I need to remove it with a cleaner? Thanks for the help! 

Oh, and yea, it's definitely not paint overspray. Just some wax or something...

You might have to do it 2-3 times depending on how much is on there. Usually the first pass with it gets it off thought.  :thumbsup:

Google it! Common remedy. 

That's amazing. Can't thank you enough for the advice. That spot just appeared today, and it's already driving me nuts. 

I've had that on mine as well.  I used All Purpose Cleaner - cut 50/50 w/ distilled water, Waterless Wash to make sure I got all of the APC off followed by sVRT.  Keep sVRT on it and that'll keep it from happening again.

BTW:  In&Out Spray is GREAT for that top part of the Camaro rear diffuser that has all the little cubbies.  Makes it nice and black.