Customer Service 866.965.0400

The Dirty Car Picture Thread

SYMAWD

Question

17 answers to this question

From metallic grey to white (all salt)....Took it to the self-serve and power washed what I could off, especially off the frame, but it was 12 degrees so that didn't prove wildly successful.  Oh, and we may get another 6-10" of snow in a week, whoopee.

FA831A2C-54C4-41DE-B76D-CA0FFD3E2119_zps

867A0DAB-9C90-4856-8113-8F52AFDE0EF7_zps

Pass the pepper please, I already have enough salt !!!                                                                                post-10998-0-88706000-1392377041_thumb.jpg                                                                                                                   post-10998-0-78506800-1392377118_thumb.jpg

For you guys who live around Boston.............what the heck do they use on your streets in the winter??   I'm watching the weather channel this a.m. and they had a live broadcast on the street and there wasn't one dirty , salty car anywhere!  White, black.......didn't matter. They were all pretty clean looking! 

My car looks pretty much like everyone elses. Black, dirty, and ugly.

Depends on which New England state you are traveling in. Some are pretreating the roads BEFORE the storm hits with a liquid chemical, sodium #$$%^^%^$@ something or other, NASTY NASTY stuff. They are finding that it will eat through brake lines etc. on vehicles. Easier for the DPW crews to store and spread but real bad for vehicles!! Other states up here use the nomal salt/sand combo. Either way, bad bad bad. Great for the detail buisness though. Lots of scratches from snowbrooms, ice scrapers, etc.Taking reservations now for the spring!!!!!