Customer Service 866.965.0400

Update for Lawson4450

lawson4450

Hi guys! I just wanted to update everyone on the latest happenings. I started on a quest to better myself by losing weight in October of 2013 by having weight loss surgery. Well on January 22nd I did it! I was 343 pounds and bmi of over 45% in October so I started changing my eating habits and lost 17 pounds in like 2 months from that alone without exercise. Then came the week of liquid diet SUCKS totally but I had to before surgery now I'm one week out of the operation and just starting step two of diet to get back to real food. Basically if I can drink it I can eat it but at least I have some flavor now. As of today I'm down to 297 pounds and will find my bmi out tomorrow so I can't wait for this to continue. It will mean more energy for detailing and woodworking and kid time . so that's about it for now I'll try to update with some pics soon.

WTG Dan!  My wife lost 60 lbs last year and I lost 30, and while that's nothing compared to what you're going through, it does let me empathize with you about how difficult losing weight is. My wife's advice is "when you really have the craving for something......eat it, but just a bite or two and throw the rest away. It will satisfy you."

Best of luck to you on  your journey.  Sounds like you're fighting a good fight. 

Great job Dan!  One of the best things you could have done!  Health is critical.

I wrestled in high school and was really good at loosing weight (went from 180 to 125 in a month and under 3% body fat).  If ya really want to loose weight fast, I can give ya some tips.  I used to spit a pound an hour!

I have heard a lot of weight loss stories.  Most of which people put the weight back on.  Bottom line, you have to change your lifestyle.  I'm getting older and can't eat what I used to, it just doesn't come off like it did when I was 18.  Everyone has to change.

There's a real simple formula, if you burn off more than you take in, you loose weight.  There are many factors involved, including metabolism, quality and quantity of food, but also your daily activity.

Life's too short, live it up!!

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, that's great progress so far. I can honestly say I know what you are going through, because I am going through the same thing. I've been heavy basically my entire life. I was pretty overweight when I was a kid. I've lost weight in the past, but I always managed to gain it all back and then some. The final straw was last year when I was at the Dr. office. I was 327 pounds, I was on two blood pressure meds, a cholesterol med, and anti inflammatory meds because my knees and feet were always hurting so bad. In June of last year I had gastric bypass surgery. I was 305 at the time of the surgery, and now I am down to 220. I am now off my blood pressure meds, off the cholesterol meds, and feeling a LOT better.

Edited by ScottyBoy

Way to go Lawson!!!   Great job my friend, and I look forward to seeing your skinny new self at Carbones in April!

Also, great job Rich, Darlene, and Scott!  That's some great news, and you must be really feeling great? 

I've been on a kick as well, once my wife lost the baby weight from 2 babies, and I still had it.....   Seems 2.5 miles on the treadmill is working, 1/4 mile walking at 4MPH, then 6MPH for 2 miles, followed by a 1/4 mile walk again...

No more bread, red meat, or blocks of cheese....oh how I miss cheese!

Keep up the good work my friends!