Customer Service 866.965.0400

Clay Bar Lubrication

07stanggt

Question

Adams has 3 products, detail spray, waterless wash, and now riseless wash, that all have the capabilities (I think) of being used in combo or by themselves, for lubrication when using a clay bar. I have been using detail spray when using a clay bar, can you use the others? Cheaper, better, does it matter ? What are you guys using for claying ??  :huh:

I know many people have used with success waterless/rinseless-diluted, but my mind always just comes back to remembering Adam's staffers saying they didn't recommend waterless (before rinseless came about) since I believe they said it lacked the lubricity.

Quite the contrary, it offers a ton of lubricity and I like it better for claying because I don't want gloss added to the surface before polishing.  If I was doing a "maintenance claying" session where I was just lightly claying before a coat of wax or sealant I wouldn't mind using Detail Spray as lube, but again, Waterless (original) is cheaper and Rinseless diluted 1:16 is even cheaper than that.

I was at a detail clinic at Detailers Domain in 2012 I believe, and Adam himself was demo'ing the clay bar process and ran out of bottles of Detail Spray to use, so he gave us some Waterless Wash to clay with.  He said you can clay with just as good of results, it just won't leave the shine factor when wiping clean that Detail Spray does.

Dylan also mentioned before he left that Waterless can be used as clay lube as it's cheaper per oz.

Quite the contrary, it offers a ton of lubricity and I like it better for claying because I don't want gloss added to the surface before polishing.  If I was doing a "maintenance claying" session where I was just lightly claying before a coat of wax or sealant I wouldn't mind using Detail Spray as lube, but again, Waterless (original) is cheaper and Rinseless diluted 1:16 is even cheaper than that.

I was at a detail clinic at Detailers Domain in 2012 I believe, and Adam himself was demo'ing the clay bar process and ran out of bottles of Detail Spray to use, so he gave us some Waterless Wash to clay with.  He said you can clay with just as good of results, it just won't leave the shine factor when wiping clean that Detail Spray does.

Dylan also mentioned before he left that Waterless can be used as clay lube as it's cheaper per oz.

I agree

I know many people have used with success waterless/rinseless-diluted, but my mind always just comes back to remembering Adam's staffers saying they didn't recommend waterless (before rinseless came about) since I believe they said it lacked the lubricity.

If you are worried about waterless (now rinseless diluted 1:16), just add another oz or two of product to the bottle.  A little extra goes a LONG way.   :2thumbs:

Edited by mtnbiker326