Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Silverad Owner

Holder

A few weeks back we realized a larger vehicle was needed. There was no way i was giving up the TBSS, too much time and money into it. So I asked the wife if she felt comfortable enough to drive a full size truck on a daily basis. I was surprised when she said she was ok with it.

Luckily the water pump in her Cruze went out on Monday so we had to take it in to get a replacement. It literally had 400 miles until the bumper to bumper warranty. I think they design these things to brake after 36k miles. Anyway she drove a few and really like it. We gave them all out our criteria for what we wanted and luckily enough they had what we wanted.

I asked them not to remove any stickers or covers and no wash or "detail". I had a long talk with the salesman and sales manager about all the swirls and over all dull finishes on the showroom vehicles. Most are too blind or too excited to see when looking at a new vehicle. So, the detailer in the back was offended that he could't clean up our truck.to prove he was better than the "other" detailers. But was nice enough to throw in some extra Chevy rubber floor mats.

I love the ride of the new trucks, and really like the look of the Silverado's. I've always been more of a Sierra guy.

Here she is, Silver Ice Metallic, Jet Black Cloth Interior, 2WD LT Crew Cab Short Box.

All Star Edition with remote start, back up camera, heated seats, navigation My Link and trailer braking. Locking Diff. With 3.42 gears.

post-8351-0-32308200-1391119215_thumb.jpg

post-8351-0-03170400-1391120296_thumb.jpg

Window tint and 3-5 drop coming soon. ( so the wife can get in and out easier)

Window tint and 3-5 drop coming soon. ( so the wife can get in and out easier)

Is that an excuse or something that you want as far the 3-5 drop?  My wife is 5'5" and drives a full size Duramax like she owns it.  

Truck looks nice, BTW.

Edited by LFairbanks

She wants it lower to get in and out easier. I want it lower for looks.

Trucks are the wrong vehicle to be lowered, should be a crime!

Mind you, it is a 2WD.

I have to admit, I have a 2011 Silverado I purchased new, and I have used the 4X4 once in that time. Honestly, anyone could easily get away without it, but it's hard to find 2WD trucks, and the resale value is quite a bit lower. When my fiance bought her truck, 2012 GMC Sierra, we looked at getting her a 2WD. If you opt for 2WD it takes about $4,500 off the vehicle price.

• 3 weeks later...