Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adams on Amazon Prime

I would certainly order more onesie-twosie items if they were Prime eligible, rather than waiting until I needed several things.

An article I read today indicated that, "A Morningstar report from last year said that Prime members spend "approximately twice as much" as their non-Prime counterparts each year, shop more frequently and buy pricier items."

Just so everyone understands how that works -

Items available on prime are shipped by AMAZON directly... not from us, not from a vendor, but from Amazon themselves fill those orders out of their warehouses.

We send pallets of select products to specified warehouses that they then fulfill. We are working on expanding the availability of the products on that list, you should see more things soon.

If you have prime I highly recommend you take advantage of it when you can. Great deal for sure.

Edited by Dylan@Adams

Just so everyone understands how that works -

Items available on prime are shipped by AMAZON directly... not from us, not from a vendor, but from Amazon themselves fill those orders out of their warehouses.

We send pallets of select products to specified warehouses that they then fulfill. We are working on expanding the availability of the products on that list, you should see more things soon.

If you have prime I highly recommend you take advantage of it when you can. Great deal for sure.

That's what I thought as the Prime items all shipped from Amazon directly.  Hopefully it expands in the future as it will likely increase order frequency.

They have the buttery wax, 16 oz car shampoo and Total Interior Detailer. I've noticed that if you start buying quite a few things from a specific line like Adams they will actually add more products. I've seen it on Amazon from other product lines.

I would honestly purchase twice the amount of Adam's products if they were available on Prime. The cost of shipping and week+ waiting time is a real killer. Ever since I've had Prime I HATE paying for shipping and waiting more than a day or two.

Then again on a large order... the forum discount would cancel out the shipping charges

Edited by lax

When Prime was first introduced it was an awesome deal.  Do your research on items now...Amazon is no longer the first option on many items, I found Ebay is cheaper in many cases.  They have seemed to work their "free shipping" into many of the prices.  Now they have the add-on items, and free shipping over $35 gimmick.  They still do it, but it's not the by a bunch of little items for cheap, and free shipping like it used to be.  Now if the price is going up like Chris said, yikes.  Another example of a great company vacating their roots for the almighty dollar...and I don't believe Amazone needs a higher profit margin.  It will come back to bite them one day. 

Amazon's margin in the most recent quarterly results was less than 0.5% - I believe that was after all their expenses including R&D.

Shipping costs are going up for everyone, ultimately someone has to pay the costs.

I agree that you have to watch the prices on Amazon, sometimes the "prime eligible" items are priced higher than the non-prime items. But I have gotten spoiled by the 2 day shipping with Prime, waiting a week for an order from Adams HQ tries my patience. If the prices are the same I will definitely use Amazon Prime for filling the small orders and order from Adams HQ for my larger restock orders.

The amount of time and gas that I save each year using Prime definitely pays for the annual prime membership fee for me.

Yeah, Dave I just read that article yesterday on their profit margins.  Although they lose about $1 - $2 billion a year on Amazon Prime, this is because of the video streaming and other ventures that they have dove into without see the profit margins increase from these ventures, and the cost of shipping.  Amazon is an anomoly, low profit margins...but still huge profits if that makes any sense.  Share prices are going up like mad.  The tax was always a big thing with me, now that we have to pay tax in California, and the projected $20 - $40 increase of the Prime accounts, it's going to be a tough sell for the casual shopper, but will still be worth it for someone that uses them a ton.  I personally don't think they will lose many customers, but we shall see. 

One of the many articles out there:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2014/01/30/amazon-raise-prime-price/5063693/

from the article:

"Keep in mind that a lot of Prime paying members allow family members to use the service as well." 

I guess I shouldn't complain too much, haha.  I have a bunch of people who use my account, and my dad says he's going to split it with me this year. 

"Keep in mind that a lot of Prime paying members allow family members to use the service as well." 

I guess I shouldn't complain too much, haha.  I have a bunch of people who use my account, and my dad says he's going to split it with me this year. 

This is where it is costing them.  Why would anybody buy their own Prime Account unless they were sharing it with others unless they ordered a boat load of stuff on a regular basis.  Purchasing an Account and then sharing the membership fee and the service with someone else is a loop hole where Amazon is loosing their money.  I know the money that they loose in shipping is ridiculous.  I know that carriers offer them deep discounts when it comes to shipping due to volume.  But they are still eating a pretty good price.  For me when I order from Amazon I could care less when I get it for the most part as long as the time frame is reasonable.  There is still a lot of times where you can get free shipping, it just isn't free 2 day.  

Like Dave (07RS4) mentioned a lot of times they are starting to work the price to cover shipping.  I just ordered a new portable 2 tank compressor that was cheaper at HD with free shipping.  Although I just was given a window as far as when I would receive the item.  Which was about a week out.  But weighing 80 pounds and getting free shipping I'am not complaining. 

I like that we have a different avenue to purchase Adams. Once they start stocking gallons via Amazon is when they will see sales increase. Right now I usually wait until I need a bunch of stuff to order. With Amazon, I will order gallons as needed. Not wait for a sale. Yes I will lose the forum discount. But not having to wait for 3 or 4 different items to be in stock at the same time will be awesome.

• 2 weeks later...