Customer Service 866.965.0400

Brilliant glaze question

hockeybawler

Question

So I have seen on the videos that brilliant glaze is applied with a applicator but I have read on here that some people use a sprayer to spray it on and I even saw a video on youtube of it being sprayed on.  Can you apply it both ways or can you only apply it on a applicator pad?  Also is one way better than the other on how you apply it?  Thanks for clearing it up!

Mike

15 answers to this question

Mike,

Brilliant Glaze tends to clog up the sprayer (If I recall correctly many years ago BG was sold as Brilliant Spray Glaze and was discontinued for this reason). If you are looking for a good spray on product, Adam's Quick Sealant is hands down the best in shine and protection.

So I have seen on the videos that brilliant glaze is applied with a applicator but I have read on here that some people use a sprayer to spray it on and I even saw a video on youtube of it being sprayed on.  Can you apply it both ways or can you only apply it on a applicator pad?  Also is one way better than the other on how you apply it?  Thanks for clearing it up!

Mike

The original version was just Brilliant Glaze... very similar in use and consistency to the current version, but it came with a sprayer. Some people complained the over-spray was a problem and it didn't make much sense to spray onto an applicator, only to wipe it on.

When we reformulate it, the wax content changed a little and it became a tad thicker. The result was that it would clog sprayers after a few uses. Given that and the feedback about overspray on the old version we opted to make it a pour top product.

A related question while we're at it: Is there a big difference between the Machine Glazing Pad and the Machine Sealant and Waxing Pad? 

They are distinctly different foams, but in the end they're both zero cut foams (meaning they are not abbrasive) so you can use them interchangeably. The reason we offer 2 is that it gives you a visual distinction when you're working - gray pad for waxes and sealants, red pad for glaze. If you had a bunch of gray pads or a bunch or red pads it would get confusing which one was being used for which task. Make sense? 

Perfect thank you for clearing this up for me!  I was just confused and wanted to make sure I was using the product correct to get the best results!  Absolutely loving all my Adams products so far and have become addicted since my first products came to me at christmas! lol

They are distinctly different foams, but in the end they're both zero cut foams (meaning they are not abbrasive) so you can use them interchangeably. The reason we offer 2 is that it gives you a visual distinction when you're working - gray pad for waxes and sealants, red pad for glaze. If you had a bunch of gray pads or a bunch or red pads it would get confusing which one was being used for which task. Make sense? 

Thanks for the explanation. I've ordered a red pad.

I agree with what has been stated already. Sealant being the first layer because it performs best on bare paint, brilliant glaze for the shine (but offers no protection and can quickly break down) Then top with Americana for a great additional shine and protection.

As far as people applying it over wax I would assume it would just be for a quick shine going to a show or something, otherwise I don't see the point.