Customer Service 866.965.0400

New to Adam's

MNader07

Question

Hello everybody I am new to Adam's and still have some soap and a little wax left and was curious what I should buy first to get started until I run out of everything else.  My plan is to eventually have all Adam's products just looking for a starting point to get the best results with what i currently have, on another note I picked up a 2012 dodge charger and it has the carpet like material in the wheel well and was wondering if the wheel cleaner or all purpose cleaner would be good on it or what would be better for it.  Thank you all in advance

14 answers to this question

What products are you using now.  If they're big box store products, dump them...  TRUST ME!! 

Adams car shampoo will blow your mind.  

APC would work well on your wheel wells.  Wet the area with the hose, spray with APC, let dwell and then scrub with the fender brush and rinse. 

What are you trying to achieve?  Paint correction, or just proper upkeep of your car?

Chris

Start with car shampoo, DS, APC, clay, and quick sealant (and an applicator).  Also pick up a great white drying towel and some of the new blue edgeless towels.  It will be a great way to start your collection and protect your car until you get into paint correction if that's something you want to do.

Edited by SYMAWD

What products are you using now.  If they're big box store products, dump them...  TRUST ME!! 

Adams car shampoo will blow your mind.  

APC would work well on your wheel wells.  Wet the area with the hose, spray with APC, let dwell and then scrub with the fender brush and rinse. 

What are you trying to achieve?  Paint correction, or just proper upkeep of your car?

Chris

I am currently using Mothers car wash and paste wax. I do plan on buying Adams car shampoo and having the entire line of products. I probably should do some paint correction I can see some swirls then proper upkeep from there

Welcome to the forum!  With these new cars coming out with that fabric wheel liner, I'm hoping Adam's comes out with something designed specifically  for that material.  I don't know that I would use a stiff brush under there, but the diluted APC or even the Car Shampoo should loosen the dirt and then a soft brush or a brush covered with a micro cloth would be good to clean the area with.

As for what products to buy first, I agree with Chris. You'll get the biggest bang for your buck by buying the largest kit you can afford. But if a kit isn't in the works right now, watch for daily specials and sales and stock up on products that way.

:welcomebanner:

Add some SVRT to your order - that was my 'gateway' to Adam's.  It blew the stuff from the auto parts completely away.  It went on easier, looked better, did not sling, and lasted longer.   

My suggestion would be get rid of all your other products ASAP and purchase the most affordable kit you could possible reach financially the FIRST time. I GURANTEE you'll be addicted and will save you $$$$$$$$$$ in the long run, plus you will just end up buying it sooner or later anyways. Good luck and happy detailing. Welcome to the forum.[ watch out for the specials they change everyday xcept the weekends]

Depending what you have, they make some good products, and some garbage ones.  Obviously keep the brushes if you have any of theirs, they are fantastic for the price....and any of the metal polishes, they are all good.