Customer Service 866.965.0400

Been Away To Long

TR6speed

Question

OK, I admitted it, I have been away to long form the forum.  I noticed that when I went over to Shop Online, that I see there are 2 new polishes available for machine polishing.  I don't see the Super Machine Polish listed.  I see Paint Correction Polish and Paint Finish Polish.  I have not watched the videos, but will here shortly.  So I will assume that this is the new product and the Super polish is out.  I guess I really need to go through my supplies and see what I need to do away with and what I need to order.

Because my Corvette spends a lot of time in the garage covered it really does not need constant attention and I only do a full detail once and sometimes twice a year.  In fact I only apply a coat of wax at those details.  the rest of the time is detail wash or waterless wash, detail spray and brilliant glaze..

9 answers to this question

A lot of new things have been introduced just in the short time I become interested in Adam's products back in October. You have some catching up  to do, but it should be interesting.

Hey Jack!

Nothing wrong with the 'old' polishes you have, they just improved & simplified the process.  The PCP cuts better than SSR but finishes like SHR.  The PFP has a longer work time than FMP.  They also improved the MSS, now Liquid Paint Sealant - no 24 hour cure time and it can be applied by hand.  And the MF  pads are great when you need something more aggressive than a foam pad. 

And I think I remember talking to you several months back about rinseless washes, and now Adam's has come out with their version, and it works great!

A lot of new things have been introduced just in the short time I become interested in Adam's products back in October. You have some catching up  to do, but it should be interesting.

I started using Adams products when al he had was Swirl and Haze Remover, Revive Polish, Buttery Wax, Detail Spray and All Purpose Cleaner and a few different microfiber towels.  His products have all that I have used on my cars since then. 

Hey Jack!

Nothing wrong with the 'old' polishes you have, they just improved & simplified the process.  The PCP cuts better than SSR but finishes like SHR.  The PFP has a longer work time than FMP.  They also improved the MSS, now Liquid Paint Sealant - no 24 hour cure time and it can be applied by hand.  And the MF  pads are great when you need something more aggressive than a foam pad. 

And I think I remember talking to you several months back about rinseless washes, and now Adam's has come out with their version, and it works great!

I think that I may make the change only because my Fine Machine Polish is over 2 years old and it may have lost some of it properties. 

I too, have been gone too long - and there are a lot of reasons contributing (none of them great or substantial, mind you).  I've decided to go back to school at age 43 to finish my degree (about 2 years left if I go non-stop year round), and have also changed to a different role within my company.  

Nonetheless, my current stash of products hasn't passed the 2 year mark, but it's getting close.  I don't want to throw away bottles that have 80% of their content in them, so I'm hoping that I can still get some use out of them - even if it's at reduced effectiveness that might require more passes on my part.

I bought a 2013 Harley-Davidson CVO Road King last fall that has some of the softest paint I've ever encountered, and there are now several spots on the front fender and hard bags that need paint correction for the light scratches that are there.  I had no problem doing paint correction on my cars (with the PC), but I'm extremely nervous about trying to do it on my new motorcycle (most expensive vehicle I've purchased to date).  If the paint is as soft as I think it could be, I'm worried that I will take too much off in the paint correction process.