Customer Service 866.965.0400

Brilliant Glaze when to use?

PHILLIE PHANATIC

Question

You should use sealant for the first layer because it performs best on bare paint, brilliant glaze for the shine (but offers no protection and can quickly break down) Then top with Americana for a great additional shine and protection of paint and glaze.

When to use it? 

When ever you want!

I put mine between the Sealant and the 1st coat of wax and then again a few weeks later on top of the wax.

True! I absolutely love the stuff!

How would brilliant glaze look on white?  We know light colored cars don't really have the same look with carnauba and gloss is the key thing on a light colored car. 

I am going to use the new liquid paint sealant and have buttery on the way as well. 

Would I get better results if I put:

1. Sealant only

2. Sealant >> brilliant glaze >> sealant

3. Sealant >> brilliant glaze >> buttery

Thanks

#3)  this is what I have used recently with great results.  Sealant needs bare paint to adhere, so number 2 wouldn't be optimal.  I would suggest substituting buttery with Americana (my next choice).

I would use sealant then buttery. Glaze as needed but since it only lasts a week or two at most its not a big deal if you use it over or under the wax. You could glaze every week if you want to.

I'm not a fan of short term glazes and filling imperfections personally so I know I'm in the minority but Brilliant Glaze has no place in my regimen.

Liquid paint sealant or quick sealant as a base layer topped with Americana gives all the depth gloss and shine I'll ever need on a properly prepped surface.

ok, Ashley told me I think that BG had something in it that would diminish wax, so put wax on top of it.. question is, after applying Quick Sealant and it cures for the required 30 minutes, will BG eat into the QS too?  and then top with Buttery or Americana.

It has some solvents in it  so that could affect the wax  QS or LPS will be fine.  

Also, due to the nature of glazes, they are not designed to last long, maybe a few washes.  So to keep them 'working' as long as possible Adam's recommends topping BG with a wax (Buttery, Americana, or Patriot - your choice).  

ok, Ashley told me I think that BG had something in it that would diminish wax, so put wax on top of it.. question is, after applying Quick Sealant and it cures for the required 30 minutes, will BG eat into the QS too?  and then top with Buttery or Americana.

I think you're talking about the old Machine Super Sealant with the cure time.  Quick Sealant flashes down quickly and is ready to buff within a minute or two at most, based on Dylan's application video.

I think you're talking about the old Machine Super Sealant with the cure time.  Quick Sealant flashes down quickly and is ready to buff within a minute or two at most, based on Dylan's application video.

I think the old machine superwax had a 12hour cure time... no , I was told that after you apply the Quick Sealant not to top it until it "cured" for at least 30 minutes.  yes, you wipe it right off but some of the earlier videos showed waiting a few minutes and that was a disaster.. I couldn't get it back off. so after just appying it with a lite mist and a little on the pad working it both ways, I wipe it right off and it comes off nicely.  but again, I was told no second coat or BG, or wax for at least a 30 min cure time.   that may have changed this week though. it used to be suggested to put the BG right on top of wax, now its the other way due to the solvents mentioned above.

Edited by diver88

Makes sense now that you explain it.

I was talking about wiping it off, I've used other brands liquid sealants and you have to let them haze up for an hour or so before removing residue.

Quick Sealant is like another brand's aerosol sealant I use, you literally wipe it on and wipe it off.  If you come back an hour later to wipe off it will be hard as a rock and you'll have to spray more product on to loosen the residues up to wipe off.

Regardless of what sealant you use or what the claim is, if you are using a true sealant as an LSP, DO NOT GLAZE OR WAX for 24 hours.  If you're looking to top over the sealant, make sure to seal on Saturday, and glaze/wax on top of it on Sunday.  Sometimes I seal one weekend and the next weekend I wash the car again and then wax.

Sealants may cure quickly and nicely enough to wipe off and reveal a clean protected surface, but they do need 24 hours to cure internally and form hard bonds with the surface, before topping with another product, whether its glaze or wax.

Thank you for informing me about the solvents in BG, I don't use it anyway nor do I want to as it has no place in my regimen, Quick Sealant or Liquid Paint Sealant topped with Americana or Patriot if you have the wallet is the perfect combo  for longevity, shine and durability IMO.

The paint sealant directions  say to wait at least 1 hour before applying additional coats or layering other products.

According to this it can be layered right away.

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/25427-new-adams-liquid-paint-sealant-discussion/

NO MORE LONG CURE TIMES - our previous generation product required 30 or more minutes to setup and wasn't ready to be topped with other products for at least a day. Now, with Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant, you can apply and remove the product as fast as it hazes up and layer immediately for additional protection and stunning results. Now you can apply our most durable product in a matter of minutes, not days! 

I'm just giving suggestions as your friendly neighborhood detailer is all. I prefer to give the polymers a day to cure before layering, regardless of instructions on the bottle.

I'm sure you can layer after 30 mins but it's like caulking. Sure the bottle may say rain ready in 30 minutes on Silicone II, but do you really want to go outside and start caulking a half hour before a Nor Easter?

Give the LSP (last step product such as Liquid Paint Sealant or Quick Sealant) a day to cure is my suggestion but ultimately do what you want I'm just trying to give you the most durable base layer.

Curious about something....

if the glaze lasts only a few washes, (let's say a month) then how would that work if you are putting americana or buttery wax on that? you're going to lose the wax along with the glaze!

The wax seals the BG, that's what makes it last.

Never tried using the wax to seal the glaze till I came across this forum... And wow! After a week of applying it on my black BMW, it's still shinny like new. Always did love glaze, but did notice it would fade after a few days.

Great resources on these forums. Always learning something new to do with the wonderful Adam products

Mahalo guys!

Ryan