Customer Service 866.965.0400

Fabric wheel well liners, interior suede. How to clean them?

GXPaycheck

Question

My SS has both. Looking for some input on care for both of them.

The wheel well liners are made of a sound damping material. Feels almost like some type of textured cloth. I don't think Undercarriage Spray will work to good on it.

Interior has bits of suede in the trim. I would think brushing it would suffice.

Any input will be appreciated!

10 answers to this question

I am also interested on what to use on the cloth like wheel well liners.

For the suade/alcantera I just use a damp mifcpfober and wipe them off the. Brush it with a boars hair brush to freshen it up some and keep it from looking matted.

Brian, I have them on the RS...he gap between the tire and wheel well is tight, so I'll use some APC if needed, and the large Wheel Woolie. Another good choice would the fender well brush if you have enough room...that plus a pressure washer if you have one available should clean them up nicely. Just rinse them top down and they usually come clean. If you have the wheels of...keep them dry and use a shop vac first...preferably the large 2 1/2" hose to get all the bigger debris out before everything gets soaked, sometimes it make the debris tougher to remove when it's wet and is buried in the fibers.

I think Dylan did a write-up on the Alcantra seats.

Edited by 07RS4

Brian, I have them on the RS...he gap between the tire and wheel well is tight, so I'll use some APC if needed, and the large Wheel Woolie. Another good choice would the fender well brush if you have enough room...that plus a pressure washer if you have one available should clean them up nicely. Just rinse them top down and they usually come clean. If you have the wheels of...keep them dry and use a shop vac first...preferably the large 2 1/2" hose to get all the bigger debris out before everything gets soaked, sometimes it make the debris tougher to remove when it's wet and is buried in the fibers.

I think Dylan did a write-up on the Alcantra seats.

+1.  Dylan's Alcantara write-up is located here.

Edited by Norton