Customer Service 866.965.0400

Leather Conditioner Applicator ETA?

matts88yj

Question

Went to place an order this weekend and was looking to pick up a pack or two of the leather conditioner applicators but didn't see them listed at all.  Any idea when these will be back in stock?

It seems like a lot of things are being taken off of the site completely instead of saying they are out of stock.  Great white drying towels (looks like I bought the last one but wanted a few more), wheel brush, turbo stick, new blue towels...  I don't know about anyone else but that sends me into a slight panic thinking that those products will no longer be offered, which I'm sure is not the case.  I'm sure I could pick some up from local retailers but wanted to check with the main HQ first.

Any info is greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Went to place an order this weekend and was looking to pick up a pack or two of the leather conditioner applicators but didn't see them listed at all.  Any idea when these will be back in stock?

It seems like a lot of things are being taken off of the site completely instead of saying they are out of stock.  Great white drying towels (looks like I bought the last one but wanted a few more), wheel brush, turbo stick, new blue towels...  I don't know about anyone else but that sends me into a slight panic thinking that those products will no longer be offered, which I'm sure is not the case.  I'm sure I could pick some up from local retailers but wanted to check with the main HQ first.

Any info is greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

I don't go in to a panick, but now that you mention it, there is even more items than usual removed from the site.  I'm glad I'm well stocked up on everything but chemicals, because once things go off the site, they take an eternity to show back up it seems like.  I don't know if it's the distributors or what, but I'd be curious to know why also. 

I just talked to them today about the borderless blue towels not being on the site anymore and I was told that they were on back order and will return in a week in a half to two weeks.  I was also told that the single soft towels are going to be discontinued because their supplier can not keep up with the demand and they are going to come out with a new towel to replace the old single softs!

You don't need an applicator. You can use any microsoft cloth (I just use a blue one) or use your hands. I always use my hands when I do my last application for the year before I store it. 

Applicator smaplicator.  Not necessary.

I could see using your hands to apply the conditioner to actual leather, like the seats...conditioners have been applied to leather forever with this method.  I can't imagine using your hands to apply Leather Conditioner to you're dashboard or inner plastic panels however.  The whole point is to work it in so the material soaks it up, on something like hard plastic, I'll take an applicator.  If you need them quick Matt, I can send you some.

I just talked to them today about the borderless blue towels not being on the site anymore and I was told that they were on back order and will return in a week in a half to two weeks.  I was also told that the single soft towels are going to be discontinued because their supplier can not keep up with the demand and they are going to come out with a new towel to replace the old single softs!

Wow. 

I could see using your hands to apply the conditioner to actual leather, like the seats...conditioners have been applied to leather forever with this method.  I can't imagine using your hands to apply Leather Conditioner to you're dashboard or inner plastic panels however.  The whole point is to work it in so the material soaks it up, on something like hard plastic, I'll take an applicator.  If you need them quick Matt, I can send you some.

Like I said, I use a blue micro cloth 99% of the time except the last detail. Obviously only on the seats by hand!

Thanks for the info.  I know about using my hand and honestly, don't really prefer it since I condition more than just my seats.  For the spaces that I'm usually working in I prefer the applicator. 

That's interesting about the boardless blue towels.  Why not just say they will be out of stock and then manually put in the expected ETA of their arrival plus a week, just to allow a sufficient time line and keep everyone informed?  They have done it with the single soft towels so why can't they do it with the boardless blues or even other items that are out of stock for now but will be back in stock shortly?

To me it seems once an item is taken off the website completely the item is no longer going to be offered.  Suffered that fate when I went to order a Vac n Blow only to find them long gone.  I can see where the mentality of "If it's not on the site, you can't order it" but it would be nice to know that the stuff is still going to be offered and not taken down completely.  Just trying to find out about some items and provide some helpful and/or positive insight for future website updates.

I'm a brand new Adam's customer, but I agree with the others about items being taken off the site when they're out of stock rather than just showing out of stock.  It's kinda confusing when you see a youtube video showing off a great product, but then search the site and find nothing. 

The option to go ahead and order even if its out of stock would be nice too, so you don't have to keep checking back and it will just ship whenever it comes in.

I second the above. I just posted about an eta on the boulder blonde wheel brushes bc they are off the site. If anything I would leave back ordered items on the site so one could order it and get their place "in queue", then either have option to put order on hold until it's back in stock or just dispatch rest of order first.

OP not sure where you are located but I use a MF applicator which is basically an MF towel wrapped around a small sponge and it should work great if you'd like to try one. I have probably 4 on my shelf just send me a couple bucks for shipping I could send you one if you need a good applicator for seats and plastic surfaces while the red ones are out of stock

I suppose it's part of the growing pains of expanding as a company, but I've noticed that a lot of products seem to be out of stock a lot more than they were a few years ago. There was a period for awhile where you couldn't even buy a gallon of Car Shampoo, which is the most basic product for washing your car. It doesn't matter how good the products are if they aren't in stock.

Guys, I greatly appreciate everyone's patience with our Out of Stock items.  They are just as maddening for us at they are for you, believe me!!

It's a lot of manual work that happens behind the scenes on our website with keeping inventory levels current and up to date, so that's why there is some variation with the "Temporarily Out Of Stock" message vs. the product being pulled down completely.  We are doing our absolute best to avoid any backorders as they cause a lot of issues with our current inventory/website as it currently stands.  It's all a work in progress!

I'll let everyone in on a little secret though.....we may or may not be in the process of dialing in an entirely new website that will fix a lot of these issues moving forward.  :ph34r:

From my days working at the Warehouse I can attest to how hard it is for Adam's vendors to keep up with the demand from you guys.  It's crazy!  I am glad to see the Borderless Blues replacing the Single Soft towel.  It's a superior towel.  Those were always either in abundance or out of stock...never in the middle.  

I know Nick and Matt and the team have been working HARD to get this new system up and running, in an effort to eliminate backorders/out of stock occurances.