Customer Service 866.965.0400

Car Wash Correction

Javage

Question

We had a good snowing and salted roads(for my area) and I was in a time crunch with a broken pressure washer,  so I took the truck through an automated car wash.  I knew it was a bad idea, and even though this was the first time I took the truck through one, I went against my better judgement and....well take a look.

115_zpscd9284f4.jpg

112_zps23185940.jpg

111_zps058d1d5b.jpg

104_zps8a76694d.jpg

108_zps3ebcc9d7.jpg

079_zps9d856878.jpg

105_zps0921a72a.jpg

106_zps604c7637.jpg

080_zps4b3b79a9.jpg

How bad is it?  I used some Meguiars Machine Glaze by hand to sample and it removed the majority of the issue.

I'm assuming this would be a good excuse to finally invest in a machine polisher.

6 answers to this question

Like Chris said, that definitely looks minor enough that a glaze would fill it, but major enough that it would need a proper correction, probably nothing too hefty though.

I hate to pour salt on the wound, but we had a 60 degree day here yesterday and the auto-washes were packed down the road and I was cringing knowing the damage that was being induced.  So many cars, so much salt and grit to share and go around.

Look on the bright side, it means more time you get to relax and sit behind a buffer and make her perfect again.

I might try out the PC 7424 (I don't see it being sold anymore on Adams site) or the Harbor Freight knock off 69924 version.  

What pads and compounds/polishes should I start with.

I want the least amount of products that can be used to correct my paint at this stage, then I can start building and adding more as cash and time allows.

I would let that be a lesson, you don't NEED to get the car washed that bad, to take it through an auto wash.

No self serve coin ops in the local vicinity to just spray the heavy crud off?  My vehicles never go through an auto wash no matter how dirty they are, bc of the pics you showed.