Customer Service 866.965.0400

Corrections over the weekend

Trapp2012

Over the weekend some unfortunate things happened and some great things occurred also. 

Saturday afternoon I went out to the auto-spa to blast the truck off with high-pressure hot water to get the nasty caked on salt and road grime. Against my common practice I did it any way. Usually a two bucket was is proto-call but the lines were frozen and didn't want to ice up the driveway. After the trip to the car wash I went home and saw that I had another build up of light residue on the paint, so the new waterless wash came in handy, mind you the first time I used it. SOOO, I used it as the instructions said, and blamoh marred to hell paint. I guess 5 different towels didn't help, but it worked well. So I was forced into a full correction over the weekend. 2010 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie

post-9798-0-05051900-1391463952_thumb.jpg

This is a half and half of the hood. 3 passes of PC polish and one pass of PF polish. All on Microfiber pads. Left side corrected

post-9798-0-79918600-1391463971_thumb.jpg

finished product of door

post-9798-0-93402700-1391463961_thumb.jpg

Total process took about 20 hours total, 2 really long day and I didn't want to be forced into it like this but i happened to have a brain lapse at the time and had to do it regardless. In the spring when it warms up I have to go over it again when I get the flex. There is some light marring left but I'm thinking it was a 85-90% correction and a few deeper previous scratches from what not.

Another detail I did a while back 1985 G20 van, well I think its an 80's don't remember the year exactlypost-9798-0-45356700-1391463940_thumb.jpgpost-9798-0-02388300-1391464018_thumb.jpg

wish I had more pictures on my phone, I'll email the owner.

I'll add the other correction I did later when I get home from class today. I have more pictures also of the Dodge, 

Edited by Trapp2012

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Alright dug up more pictures of some corrections. The BMW is in Tasmine Green, an astonishing color. In true sunlight it has a deep green metallic feel with a hint of gray or black. In a low light situation it appears to be black, dark gray and I have even had people ask me if the car was purple? Don't know how many BMW follower or owners are on here but Tasmine Green needs to be on your list of next colors to own or even look at a true unique color. I spent a total of 20 hours doing the correction on this car, It was a nightmare on a few sections but I think I got most of it maybe 85-90% the other 10% is a few scratches I just couldn't get out with the PC and I didnt have focus pads or anything comparable at the time. This spring its due again, should be a one pass job with the two step. I did a test patch on the roof a week ago and it was 1 pass with both over the 3 passes I did originally. 

*two step paint correction system

*sealant (auxiliary brand)

*Brilliant Glaze

*Buttery Wax

*Americana

*Svrt

*The wheel cleaners

Probably forgetting something a few things.

Those of you working with BMW paint, beware of the front bumper/ lower valence area. Kinda soft on this one in a few areas.

the last picture is a bonus I found and thought I'd share just because. Taken in Randolph Catawissa, Pa on the Roaring Creek Main about 1 mile downstream from my cabin was fly fishing last year and could not pass up such a kodak moment. Great background. 

And I have more pictures for the thread 

post-9798-0-09177200-1396928885_thumb.jpg

post-9798-0-25747800-1396928901_thumb.jpg

post-9798-0-48232800-1396928918_thumb.jpg

post-9798-0-62811000-1396928931_thumb.jpg

post-9798-0-28447100-1396928947_thumb.jpg

post-9798-0-59727100-1396928962_thumb.jpg

post-9798-0-75737300-1396929031_thumb.jpg

Alright dug up more pictures of some corrections. The BMW is in Tasmine Green, an astonishing color. In true sunlight it has a deep green metallic feel with a hint of gray or black. In a low light situation it appears to be black, dark gray and I have even had people ask me if the car was purple? Don't know how many BMW follower or owners are on here but Tasmine Green needs to be on your list of next colors to own or even look at a true unique color. I spent a total of 20 hours doing the correction on this car, It was a nightmare on a few sections but I think I got most of it maybe 85-90% the other 10% is a few scratches I just couldn't get out with the PC and I didnt have focus pads or anything comparable at the time. This spring its due again, should be a one pass job with the two step. I did a test patch on the roof a week ago and it was 1 pass with both over the 3 passes I did originally. 

*two step paint correction system

*sealant (auxiliary brand)

*Brilliant Glaze

*Buttery Wax

*Americana

*Svrt

*The wheel cleaners

Probably forgetting something a few things.

Those of you working with BMW paint, beware of the front bumper/ lower valence area. Kinda soft on this one in a few areas.

the last picture is a bonus I found and thought I'd share just because. Taken in Randolph Catawissa, Pa on the Roaring Creek Main about 1 mile downstream from my cabin was fly fishing last year and could not pass up such a kodak moment. Great background. 

And I have more pictures for the thread 

I did a 2 stage on my BMW after I bought it (with a cyclo) and found the front bumper and rear bumper to still be MASSIVELY hard clear.  Haven't tested it with my flex though so I will heed your words of caution as I do another 2 stage correction (the cyclo missed some scratches even with microfiber).

Looks great though.  

That green is amazing... IMHO my Montego Blue trumps it.  But if I wanted another green vehicle.... that green would be it!

Well done.  Looks great.

:2thumbs:

• 5 months later...

Alright just to update the thread. Over the past 24 hours I completed another project, well clients SUV. 2008 Chevy Tahoe LTZ in the light Tan metallic-ish color and all tan Interior. Quite the beautiful car in and out, lotsa curves and such in the floor and inside,  and my first newer Tahoe I have completed; I have done a Suburban or two before but this took a couple less hours. 

Steps Completed;

interior detail; Shampoo carpets+ a hearty sweeping, leather cleaning and all surface panels inside cleaned well and protected with Total Interior Detail Spray, Dealing of inside windows due to this truck being in storage this winter.

Exterior detail;

One heck of a decon wash started of with a very light decon mix and it was NOT doing much, Had to mix 1oz Shampoo to what I "think" was 7-8 oz of APC (Definitely not a pH neutral wash). I did try other mixes but this worked the best. Decon wash took about an Hour. Normal wash to follow 2oz Shampoo and rinseless wash to 5 gal water. 30 mins. Dry with  GWDT and waterless. Two whole hours spend claying the truck due to hardish tar and other fallout debris, Then I gave it the "Face Melt" treatment; Seal, glaze, AMERICANAAAA!! This thing looked great. SRVT on all trim gaskets and etc. Tire and Wheel dressed with competitor product, did not want to go crazy dressing tires because he was getting new ones tomorrow. 

All in all the whole project took a total of 12.5 man hours. Which is not all to bad for doing a total interior that has never been shampoo treated before and heavily color stained Tan leather. I wish I would have taken more pictures but I was not able to due to the severe lack of sleep, Completed the Job in about 19 hrs total.

First thing the customer said "WOW, this paint feels like a baby's butt" Calls Wife over "My god it does" Then the Wife sat in the drivers seat and about slid off because of the leather treatment being slick still and not cured all the way, its was only 41*F when I did the seats and interior and only 58*F today not enough time to cure lol.  

** Do not know if many others are doing this but I have an abundance of the new rinseless wash formula and have been mixing it in with my shampoo and have been having great results with spot free rinse.

My only complaint through the whole job was the immense effort in decon of the paint. Hours of washing and scrubbing with everything in the arsenal and then a couple hours of clay work. It had not only tar/asphalt but some rust spec looking things all over. Just after claying the truck I would have felt semi comfortable returning it because of the improvement. Truck was also a tow vehicle behind a Class A coach, which explains a lot or most of the contamination. I will probably get the truck again to do a full correction  in the spring after I explained what it was, he was looking things up on the internet getting an education, but that should be a fun one. I don't know how you guys feel about newer GM paint but its one of my favorites to work with, and one of the easiest IMHO. 

Thanks,

Nate

hope to be forming a small shop soon near the Youngstown, Oh area this fall/winter, if things go well. 

Soon to come on the list is 2012 Subaru Outback Slate gray, 2012 F150 Platinum, 2013 Chevy Cruze and 2013 Ford Explorer and a few others. And a Ram 3500 and BMW 335d update.

post-9798-0-84022400-1411533254_thumb.png

post-9798-0-98477100-1411533285_thumb.png

post-9798-0-70604700-1411533303_thumb.png

Next time you have a hammered decon paint like that, before going to clay, leave the truck wet after the final rinse, spray the crap out of the whole car with Deep Wheel Cleaner mixed 1:1 with water (to give more hang time), will pull a ton of iron particles out of the paint and save you a ton of time when claying.

Do it in the shade and don't let it dry, after a couple mins of hang, rinse down again and you're ready to clay.

Next time you have a hammered decon paint like that, before going to clay, leave the truck wet after the final rinse, spray the crap out of the whole car with Deep Wheel Cleaner mixed 1:1 with water (to give more hang time), will pull a ton of iron particles out of the paint and save you a ton of time when claying.

Do it in the shade and don't let it dry, after a couple mins of hang, rinse down again and you're ready to clay.

+1