Customer Service 866.965.0400

To Buy or Not to Buy

TR6speed

Question

OK, I read the sticky on the comparison of the PC and the Flex and it seems that the PC that I have is all I need, but I would like to get the opinions of those that have used both and may be in the same position as I.

First let me fill you in on my car.  It is a 2007 Monterey Red Metallic Corvette coupe.  It is not  a daily driver.  In fact it may not come out of the garage for a few weeks as I am retired.  I am planning to order the new two step paint correction and finishing polish.  I do have some minor swirls that need to be corrected as the car show season with be picking up this month and really get going next month and I want it ready for the first show.

I have a PC and have been happy with it, but I have read a lot of people are switching over to the Flex.  I know that the PC will work fine with the new two step products.  So in my position what would you do.  Save the money and stick with the PC or bite the bullet and buy the Flex?

13 answers to this question

I've got one of each (PC, Flex, Cyclo), but really like the Cyclo, for my use, and to sell. It's just a great, flexible, easy to use machine. It doesn't beat you up the way the PC does. Maybe not quite the same correcting power as the Flex though.

Bruce

Stick with the PC, BUT add a pair of the MF Cutting pads - http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-954-adams-65-orange-microfiber-cutting-pad.aspx.  This will significantly cut down the time for a correction.  The MF cutting pad can usually be finished with PFP and a white foam pad. so still just 2 steps!

Tell you what. I bought a PC and then when Adam's first introduced the Flex I purchased one.... I didn't like it. It wasn't what I was used to and it was a little harder to handle so I sold it. 6 months later... turned around and bought a Flex again because I realized how much better and faster it was to correct and polish. Not to mention it gave better results IMO.... I barely ever use my PC any more expect to polish metal.

Flex all the way! 

My DD is usually polished 3-4 times a year and usually it only takes 2 passes of Fine Machine Polish to correct it. I usually can do my truck corrections and seal it (probably much like your non DD) in 2-3 hours depending on the temp.

Edited by Kingsford

Well I place an order to resupply my stock today some gallon refills and a few incidental items as well as the combo Paint Correction and Finishing Polish. I decided I would see how it goes with my PC and then make the decision weather I go with the Flex or stick with the PC.

Thanks for all the replies.

Jack, If you have the money to spend, and you're interested in faster, easier corrections, then the Flex is a fantastic buy.  I first bought a PC, then purchased a Flex.  Like Chewy, I only pick my PC up for focus pad use.  Otherwise, its the flew 90% of the time.  I also have a Rupes, but I am getting to know it.  I have loved my Flex since first laying hands on it.  It will correct defects the PC can't, faster, more efficiently... Not a bad thing to have in the arsenal if $$ isn't an issue.