Customer Service 866.965.0400

How tough is quick sealant say you?

JHL88

Question

Got to clean my truck up yesterday with the temps in the upper 50's/60's.  The last 2 months or so have been brutal with temps in the negatives/single digits and snow, freezing rain/ice, salt and garbage all over the road.  

I haven't cleaned my truck prior to yesterday in months and all that crap has stayed on it so yesterday I cleaned my wheels with a non-adams non-color changing dedicated wheel cleaner.  

Note - I first applied the QS back in September/October when I got these wheels.  I applied it indoors with 2 coats and waited a day in between coats. I only detailed my truck ONCE besides yesterday and all i did was use shampoo and detail spray (for the wheels.) 

Keep in mind this is my DD and stays outside for the most part.  These wheels have been through a lot this winter and wheels in general take a lot of abuse. It seems the QS isn't ready to give up yet.  

The results as of February 15...

post-5155-0-34423900-1392574153_thumb.jpg

post-5155-0-43335300-1392574217_thumb.jpg

Edited by JHL88

20 answers to this question

It really is amazing stuff. Great for keeping bugs from sticking and from bird droppings from etching in (though of course you do still need to remove that crap asap). 

I love quick sealant, but bird crap needs to be removed immediately.  This happened in just an hour:

IMAG1673_zpsba1d5dc8.jpg

I agree with Chris.  It has been one of my favorite products since I first used it shortly after product introduction.

Edit:  I have seen 6 month durability here in NM with little-to-no washings in between.  It really is amazing.

Edited by IrishCurse

Quick sealant has been on my list of things to get for a while now, and with new wheels in the mail with a matte finish I had heard this is what you need to use. But I never made it a priority.

That's no longer the case! Our winters here in Portland are usually just rain, with temps between 35 and 40, we just had a couple inches of snow about a week ago and with all the salt and de ICER they use, I wasn't keen on it. But thank you for display! I'm very excited to order this now!

Very nice. QS is amazing stuff. 2 coats of QS have been on my G8 since October, and it has been the ultimate barrier from the winter elements. The few rains we had removed 90% of the visible dirt. Car has not been washed since application. This pic is from a few weeks ago.

20140115_124638.jpg

This season I will be using Adam's LPS on the paint and saving my QS for wheels/exhaust.

Right on, thanks for the great reviews, photographs, and video!  Friends, I have been using this product predominantly on the wheels, as the rest of the vehicle gets Liquid Paint Sealant.

To reduce confusion, I've been considering re-naming/ re-purposing the Quick Sealant. Love your input, on the, "Quick Wheel Sealant."

Since we have the Liquid Paint Sealant,  Buttery Wax, Americana Paste Wax, it seems confusing to have the Quick Sealant for a similar purpose. 

Thanks in advance for your input!

Right on, thanks for the great reviews, photographs, and video!  Friends, I have been using this product predominantly on the wheels, as the rest of the vehicle gets Liquid Paint Sealant.

To reduce confusion, I've been considering re-naming/ re-purposing the Quick Sealant. Love your input, on the, "Quick Wheel Sealant."

Since we have the Liquid Paint Sealant,  Buttery Wax, Americana Paste Wax, it seems confusing to have the Quick Sealant for a similar purpose. 

I think the name "QS" serves its purpose just fine. People mostly use it on wheels...any surface that is relatively small and can be covered...quickly. ;) If you rename it to something specific like "Quick Wheel Sealant", there will be questions as to whether or not it can be used elsewhere, which we already know it can. So, in my opinion, the name is fine, but the product itself could be more marketed towards protecting things that you wouldn't use a traditional wax on, i.e. wheels, mufflers, plastic, etc. Perhaps a subject for another dedicated video? Gather input from members on the forum on what surfaces besides the paint they have used QS, and use the video to really showcase the product's versatility.  :2thumbs:

I say leave it as is.  I even think DWC should be renamed to not include the word wheel considering it can also be used for iron decontamination on paint.  Or name it Deep Wheel and Paint Cleaner.  That way your product appeals to more people as not everyone can be certain it is also for paint just based on the current name.

Edited by SYMAWD

I say leave it as is.  I even think DWC should be renamed to not include the word wheel considering it can also be used for iron decontamination on paint.  Or name it Deep Wheel and Paint Cleaner.  That way your product appeals to more people as not everyone can be certain it is also for paint just based on the current name.

I agree.  I think it would be great business strategy to rename DWC.  

"Deep Iron Remover"

"Deep Surface Cleaner"

and like SYMAWD said "Deep Wheel & Paint Cleaner"  would be ones that come to mind. 

As for the QS, since it can be used on trim and glass as well what about Quick Surface Sealant?  Or All In One Protectant.  Something along those lines...

Edited by JHL88

+1 for not repurposing AQS in any way. Certain products are beloved for a reason. If it doesn't involve a formulation improvement, this move would serve to confuse rather than streamline. I see Business strategies surfacing here.

Don't rename quick sealant! I would actually think about removing the word "quick" from the title, as it implies the product isn't as long lasting of a coat giving months of protection as implies.

Maybe "Tough Multi Surface Spray Sealant" to give the impression of a durable coating which will last a long time on many surfaces, paint wheels glass etc!

I second the notion to rename DWC to include the iron remover on paint, glass etc.

Perhaps "Deep Decontamination Remover"?