Customer Service 866.965.0400

1,000,000 Jobs Back in America? Starts with.....

Adam

IMO, any company who pulls out of the USA to manufacture their products in Mexico or any other country.............shouldn't be allowed to SELL it in the United States. Build it here.......sell it here.  Don't forget, they're not only taking jobs away from people in this country, but also the taxes that help everyone.  I'm disgusted with what I see these days. I worked in a steel mill making railroad cars all my life, and now you're hard pressed to find a single piece of steel built here. That's not what our grandparents and great grandparents fought for when they died striking for a living wage years ago. I bet they're all rolling over in their graves, saddened by what has happened in this country. Nobody cares any more.

IMO, any company who pulls out of the USA to manufacture their products in Mexico or any other country.............shouldn't be allowed to SELL it in the United States. Build it here.......sell it here.  Don't forget, they're not only taking jobs away from people in this country, but also the taxes that help everyone.  I'm disgusted with what I see these days. I worked in a steel mill making railroad cars all my life, and now you're hard pressed to find a single piece of steel built here. That's not what our grandparents and great grandparents fought for when they died striking for a living wage years ago. I bet they're all rolling over in their graves, saddened by what has happened in this country. Nobody cares any more.

Couldn't agree with this more..

people will ultimately buy cheap regardless of where the product comes from.  

Sadly, this is very true the number of people who shop on price (and more born everyday) and no corporate reward for using American workers unless they can find US labor that is cheaper in another country.  CEO's are paid on profits and doing better every year so they are always chasing cost and there is limit with just using American labor and products.

I think there's a more deeply rooted problem here. It's not just that people will buy cheap to save money; it's not just "frugal-ness". It's a sense of entitlement. No political context here. But more and more low income people feel they should be entitled to (1) buy a Starbucks latte every morning (2) drive a 40K SUV; (3) have all the latest personal electronics etc etc etc.

Since they don't make enough money to afford all those things, and they are not willing to make choices, the solution is to buy cheaper stuff that looks the same and gives them the same sense of "richess" to the outside world. That and they wallow in debt. There's no humility anymore. There's just this gimme gimme culture and we all gotta have it today. 

Don't get me wrong, I think the video has an excellent message and it is basically true; us consumers have the power to change. But unfortunately, I think that as a collective, we lack the will power or vision to do so.

Personally, I always go out of my way to buy American made products. But I tell you it's getting harder and harder. I'm even willing to pay a significant premium. On tools for instance, I'll gladly pay a 100% premium to get an American made product. But even at that, it is harder to find those products. Sometimes I reluctantly settle for something that is AT LEAST not made in China. I'll buy something made in Mexico before I'll buy something made in China or Taiwan, and I'll encourage anyone to do the same. I just hope it's not too late...

Edited by colodude18

• 3 weeks later...

The problem is not just in the US! Here in Australia we have lost our own car manufacturing and the place is slowly being purchased by overseas interests! I love my country and try to Buy Australian but the lack of product means that I do have to buy cheaper and definitely not better alternatives.

We all talk about the problem and all understand it but I just can't see people changing because we all struggle to make ends meat! While there is cheap and crappy chinese products then unfortunately, people will buy them.

Oh, I do support adams products here in Aus but.....they are highly priced and there is a lot of other Named products out in the retail market that are half the price. I will spend the money but I am in the minority.

That's my rant and sorry to sound dull!

Keep up the great products!!

To be honest here, we have plenty of minimum wage jobs.  We need jobs back that will support families.  Jobs that will let mom stay home with the kids again.  Family values have been shot to blazes with no parents home when kids are left to fend for themselves at too young an age. Dad's at work, mom's at work and the kids are pawned off on family, neighbors, or day care. I was fortunate enough to have a job that provided a living wage and paid our family health care.  We owned our own home, new cars every so often, and put both kids through college. My wife stayed home till the kids were teenagers and then got a job 3 blocks from home from 10 -3 daily, so even then she was home when the kids came home.  

Without good paying jobs in this country it's not going to get any better. Washington throws a lot of crap out of their collective mouths these days about "more jobs", and they put a bs  spin on the job ratings every year, but what they don't say is that 90% of those jobs are paying poverty level wages.  There are fewer and fewer good jobs for non college educated people like myself.  When manufacturing left this country, so did everything else. 

The best way to bring jobs back is to quit buying foreign.  Send a message to the manufacturers that "we're mad as hell and not going to take it any more."

I agree!  Buying USA made goods will help the USA.  It won't happen in a week, or even a year, but in 5 years from now, we can make a difference by buying domestic.

Raising minimum wage is not the answer, in my opinion.  That penalizes the USA companies.  Having companies that export jobs to Asia or Mexico accountable for losses to our economy, or adverse affects to the trade deficit, now that's a way to move the needle!

(Mind you, the lowest paid person at our company makes twice the minimum wage for Colorado, so I'm not trying to get out of that!)

I agree!  Buying USA made goods will help the USA.  It won't happen in a week, or even a year, but in 5 years from now, we can make a difference by buying domestic.

Raising minimum wage is not the answer, in my opinion.  That penalizes the USA companies.  Having companies that export jobs to Asia or Mexico accountable for losses to our economy, or adverse affects to the trade deficit, now that's a way to move the needle!

(Mind you, the lowest paid person at our company makes twice the minimum wage for Colorado, so I'm not trying to get out of that!)

Got a job opening  ;)

While I agree raising minimum wage will hurt us in the long run, just about every minimum wage worker will vote for an increase because they are only thinking about the immediate raise instead of the long term consequences.  I enjoy the extra $1 an hour I got beginning this year, but I wouldn't vote for an increase.  

The real question is how do people get by on minimum wage?  Luckily I'm young and can just save for now, but I couldn't imagine paying for a place to live, utilities, food, car, etc. on what I get paid.

Edited by SYMAWD

• 5 months later...

Just picked these up :D

Got 2 pairs of New Balance, both "Made in the USA"..... meaning 70% or more of the materials are from the USA

A pair of 940v2 shoes for running and working out.....

IMG_2317_zpsfa34fb18.jpg

IMG_2321_zpsd78b7043.jpg

And a pair of 990s for everywhere else :D

IMG_2318_zpsda3040cf.jpg

IMG_2320_zps6c8db0f3.jpg

IMG_2319_zpsf561ef0d.jpg

Edited by Mark L