Customer Service 866.965.0400

Your thoughts on debadging.....

TimH

Question

I'm interested in your thoughts on debadging my truck.  I absolutely hate the Z85 stickers on the Sierra.  I also thought maybe the truck would have a much cleaner look without the Sierra logos on the doors and tailgate. The truck is a daily driver, so it's no big deal but I just thought I would throw it out there.  Thanks.

truck

truck2 (1)

I usually debage to some extent. On my truck I completely debadged it, but then turned around and striped it (note my avatar). On our TBSS I took off all the badges except the SS specific badging.

Anyhow, easy to do, and I like the clean look.

Bruce

On my Jeep SRT I debadged the "jeep" on the hood, "grand cherokee" on the sides but left the "srt" on the rear and added an "SRT" to the lower grill area.  The "jeep" in the middle of the hatch is still there simply because it is not very easy/cost effective to have removed.  I say de-badge, gives a much cleaner look IMO. 

Another vote to de-badge. Today's cars have way too much marketing/sales junk all over them. Why do others need to know what engine is hidden under the hood? Or what trim package was purchased? I like seeing a car for its pure design without the labels.

And of course there is the added benefit of easier cleaning and less towel snags too!

Alright.....3 X Sierra, 1 GMC badges, 1 dealer sticker and 2 Z85 stickers.......Ill get my hair dryer, fishing line and goo gone ready.....

You might want to pick up a 3M eraser wheel as well. Works like a charm and will save you some time when dealing with the moldings/badges

Here in sunny Florida, if the car is fairly new, I just put the car in the hot sun for a couple hours, then SLOWLY pull on a corner until it comes off. Usually no residue left to deal with or if there is any residue a cheap microfiber with alcohol gets used - followed up with a quick polish of the area.

Most recent de-badge took 10-15 minutes total time, including an application of Americana.

post-4682-0-46542400-1393007952_thumb.jpg

The truck is a 2011, so the badges and stickers have been there a bit.  The truck has previously been kept in a garage but who knows how difficult it will be.

Never considered using a clay bar to help soak up the adhesive.  The eraser wheel just scares me to look at.  Heat gun......heck no....wouldn't trust myself.

The truck is a 2011, so the badges and stickers have been there a bit.  The truck has previously been kept in a garage but who knows how difficult it will be.

Never considered using a clay bar to help soak up the adhesive.  The eraser wheel just scares me to look at.  Heat gun......heck no....wouldn't trust myself.

Heat gun is easier than it sounds.  Keep the gun a good 18" off the surface, and "wand" it over the badging.  ALL you are trying to do is warm the adhesive up so you can pull on it a bit.    

Parking it out in the hot sun, then trying to pull them is the least aggressive.

Heat gun would be in the middle.

Eraser Wheel will be on the aggressive end of things.