Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adams Glass Cleaner and Glass Cleaning Towels

So, I finally took the plunge and replaced my Stoners Glass Cleaner for Adams Glass Cleaner. I had already had the Glass Cleaning Towels, but thought I would throw it in here too.

I must say, Adams Glass Cleaner has made me put stoners glass cleaner to the back of my shelf. 

Using Adams Glass Cleaner was easier all around. It smelled great and cleaned my windows faster. I needed much less product vs. Stoners. 

Would I recommend Adams Glass Cleaner? Heck yes.

Would I use it again? That is a given (yes).

Am I tempted to drink it? Yes...it...smells...GOOD.

Now, the glass cleaning towels. I do not know what it is but like some others mentioned, they do not stay in my hand well. I tried everything, wrapping them, making a big square, small square, and varied pressure. I never tried them on my exterior glass for some reason, only interior. When I tried them on the exterior glass, oh my god, these towels were AMAZING. No issues. It was just the interior glass that is giving me issues. 

I have to assume, my windows must have some sort of coating or were designed this way. 

As far as using the glass cleaning towels on the interior, hate them, I use other towels.

As far as using the glass cleaning towels on the exterior windows, oh, my, god. Best thing ever.

Anywho, that is all!

I found that the glass tends to be "grabby" the first couple times it is cleaned. After a couple cleanings the towel will start gliding better. My theory is there is some coating on the interior of the glass that needs to be cleaned off, might be put there during manufacturing or might be the result of off-gassing from interior materials. Just my theory.

OP, are your windows tinted? Mine are tinted and I have the same problem. The towel tends to "grab" the glass. But also, I am using a cheaper towel too, not the Adam's towels. The towels glide easily on the exterior windows though. But I also have all the exterior windows treated with Rain-X. Not sure if that plays any role in it either. Regardless, I like the Adams glass cleaner, it works great.

Holding onto the glass towels take a bit of practice. One method I found that works well is folding it into fours and then making sort of a "half fist", pinching the center of the towel between the side of my thumb and index finger.

The towels shouldn't be grabbing the glass IMO. If they are, the glass either hasn't been clayed or is too dirty to use these towels. Glass towels are more for finishing the glass and making it streak/smudge/spot-free after it has been cleaned, not for removing actual dirt. For the latter I prefer to use a waffle weave towel, and then finish with a glass towel.

I actually used glass sealant too. I got it in the same order.

I LOVE it. A single rain drop hit my windshield and it was so satisfying seeing it break into millions of tiny specks of water and fly right off my windshield. 

^^^I do this same thing. Works great. Also if you like rain-x then you would love the Adams glass sealant.

Have not tried the "half fist" I will give that a shot.

I have not tried claying the inside of my windows...never really heard of that. 

Holding onto the glass towels take a bit of practice. One method I found that works well is folding it into fours and then making sort of a "half fist", pinching the center of the towel between the side of my thumb and index finger.

The towels shouldn't be grabbing the glass IMO. If they are, the glass either hasn't been clayed or is too dirty to use these towels. Glass towels are more for finishing the glass and making it streak/smudge/spot-free after it has been cleaned, not for removing actual dirt. For the latter I prefer to use a waffle weave towel, and then finish with a glass towel.

They are not.

OP, are your windows tinted? Mine are tinted and I have the same problem. The towel tends to "grab" the glass. But also, I am using a cheaper towel too, not the Adam's towels. The towels glide easily on the exterior windows though. But I also have all the exterior windows treated with Rain-X. Not sure if that plays any role in it either. Regardless, I like the Adams glass cleaner, it works great.

I love Adams Glass Cleaner.

Properly clayed glass first is key.

I don't have Glass specific towels, I use my cheapo big box special towels for cleaning glass, the low nap enables them to keep streaks to a minimum, and there is enough nap in the towel to take dirt into the towel and not smear it.

If doing inside and outside glass, 2 towels is necessary, one for inside and one for outside.

Less product is more.  Too many people soak their windows down when cleaning, and all they are doing is wiping product and getting the towel saturated, which will not result in a perfect streak free finish.

Try a low nap (300 gsm, readily available in bulk packs at big box) on the interior glass, you may be surprised at how well it works with the glass cleaner.  I have ZERO issues with grabbing on the interior, streaking on the inside or outside, with either of my cars using Adams Glass cleaner, big box store cheapo towels, and properly clayed glass, and both cars have tinted windows as well.

Hope that helps.

Since I first used the glass cleaner I have loved it. I too have used stoners glass cleaner for quite a while and thought it was easy to use until I tried this. I got a half liter kwazar bottle and one 16oz bottle of glass cleaner and now I know I'm going to have to order a gallon of it.