Customer Service 866.965.0400

Which To Use On Chrome Wheels, BSG or Buttery Wax

GordoSH-3

Question

Brand new set of chrome plated aluminum alloy wheels (I don't think they are clear-coated); which product should I use to protect the finish, Buttery Wax, Brilliant Spray Glaze, or something else? Shine is of secondary importance.

11 answers to this question

I don't think they are clear coated but I don't know for sure. The wheels are OEM for a Saturn Sky.

Just to be sure I would look up the option code to be sure you are treating them properly. But if they are Chrome I would use MP#2 followed by BSG :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

If clear coated I would Revive Polish then Buttery Wax :banana::banana::banana:

I have the Sky with chrome wheels, and I just polished mine this past week using the metal polish 2, then the brilliant spray glaze. Fantastic results.

Now if I can only find my sun glasses to admire my work.

C6Bill & smjp:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Thanks for the replies. It sounds like the #2 polish & BSG is the choice for shine.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

But . . . I hate to be anal about the advice offered but my first priority is putting a protective coat on the wheels to protect from road gunk and environmental acids. I’d rather have an 8/10’s or 9/10’s shine from a combination of say a carnauba type hard wax/BSG if it would better protect the metal from pitting vs. a 10/10’s shine using the #2 polish/BSG combo.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

Is my thinking all messed up? I’m new to a lot of the Adam’s products (grew up on Turtle Wax & Amour All :confused:) and am still learning what works best from the Adam’s line. <o:p></o:p>

Thanks for more feedback.<o:p></o:p>

BTW: the Detail Spray, Leather Conditioner, VRT and Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner have worked wonders for a couple of other cars in the corral.<o:p></o:p>

True or False? Someone once told me that you DO NOT wax chrome. You use specific metal polish on it. I can't for the life of me remember why though. I just remember being told that so at that point I stopped waxing my trucks bumpers. lol

False! At least, it doesn't hurt to wax chrome. Protection makes chrome bead water, and reject the elements more.

However, when it comes to wheels, keeping them clean is key. Best way to keep chrome wheels from getting trashed: CLEAN OFTEN. Best way to clean often: HIGH PRESSURE WASH. Be sure to get the backs of the wheels EVERY TIME!

That's all, I'll step down off the soap box now. :)

I have the Sky with chrome wheels, and I just polished mine this past week using the metal polish 2, then the brilliant spray glaze. Fantastic results.

Now if I can only find my sun glasses to admire my work.

Thank. I also have the Saturn Sky R/L with the chrome wheels. Up until last week, I only used the BSG but I just received a shipment from Adams whith the MP#2. I have to try your recommendation. Thanks.

In my shipment from Adam's where the new red pads. Work great in the tight areas of the Sky's interior, espcecially on the leather seats. Give it a try.:thumbsup: