Customer Service 866.965.0400

Keeping small bottle of waterless in car. Thoughts?

Z06Seal

Question

10 answers to this question

I do it and haven't noticed any negative effects. Something I make sure I do is to cycle the products out if they've been sitting for about two weeks, and by doing this, it should also help to eliminate any possible problems that may occur. Just my process, hope it helps you!

I keep a 4 oz. bottle wrapped in a Waterless Wash Towel behind the rear seat in my truck.  It has lost some if it's color, but still works fine.  The wife's car has a wrapped 16 oz. bottle in the bottle holder in the door, and the color seems to have stayed in that one. 

I always keep WW in the car!  Driver's door panel, two WW Wafle Towels too.   Be sure the bottle does not get north of 85 degrees, or south of 40.  Either extreme is not good for chemicals, and can make bottles brittle.

So if its 70 degrees or above and sunny, no WW in the car.  Winter, no WW in the car.  I don't because it is inevitable you'll leave it there, the product will spoil, and the bottle has the potential to crack. If you park your car in the sun at 0700... and return at 1700 at the end of your work day and a bird bomb had been baking since 0900, is WW in the car going to make a difference?  I guess I'm starting to wonder why I apply the level of protection that I do, and spend $$ on top-end waxes and sealants if they can't protect my finish from a bug or bird dropping until I get home.  At what point does the law of diminishing returns apply?

Edited by IrishCurse

Another reason to carry a briefcase. I have a small bottle of waterless wash in there, and since I carry it with me, it doesn't get left in the car to boil in the Texas sun. 

As for bird droppings, I've had a few doozies, but I am always get them off before getting home, even if it's water (or spit) and a handkerchief (but this is why I try to always have my waterless wash). I'll risk a few micro scratches or swirls that can be buffed out versus a hole in my clear that needs with wet sanding or a respray to fix.

As for my briefcase, nothing beats my Saddleback Leather Classic briefcase in dark coffee brown.