Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cleaning the Edge of Factory Stripes on a Corvette

silvr07

Question

I just purchased a 60th Anniversary Edition Grand Sport Corvette and love it. It came with the 60th Anniversary Stripe Package (Pearl Silver Blue Full-Length Body Stripes) on the Artic White paint.

The car sat for a long time on the dealers lot and they did a poor job of cleaning / washing it.

I went to wash it today and noticed that there is a very thin line of dirt caked along the edge of the stripes. Any suggestions on how to get rid of that dirt without damaging the stripes or the paint?

Also, any suggestions on how to prevent that caking of dirt along the edge of the stripe in the future?

3 answers to this question

I would spray DS  all along the edge of the stripe (don't be afraid to use a lot) then take a Double soft  or Single soft MF towel keep spraying and wiping with the stripe.

In the future just be careful not to put wax or polish to heavy on the edges of the stripes, you could even tape them off.

Congrats Steve, and what a great color combo the 60th Vettes have!  I like to polish along that crack, rub hard parallel to the stripe.  The Revive Hand Polish or even our Brilliant Glaze might do the trick.  I'd use either a fingernail, or Microfiber Utility Towel to remove any residue the polish doesn't remove.

If the car sat outside on the lot for a bit, the stripes might have a limited life span....  Some of my friends and customers have the vinyl removed, and have the stripes painted in gloss, or matte. 

FYI:  We have a friend who bought a 60th Vette, without a garage.  He lives in Florida, and the stripes lasted about a 10 months, parked outside 24/7 365/year. 

Be sure to clay, polish, and seal or wax those stripes!  They are prone to oxidize much faster than the clear coat.

Thanks and again, congrats on buying a remarkable car!

Copycat.  Except I have a 427.  I've never had that problem. I just wash  and wax it like always.  Only problem I have is with the edges of the clear bra. The dirt collects there like a magnet and it never looks good.