Customer Service 866.965.0400

Restoration process

Cfeingold

Question

I recently bought the detail spray/all purpose cleaner and quick sealant from adam's. Going to try and upload pics of what I'm working with (hopefully they work). I have an 06 mango daytona and my hemi hood decal is faded grey as well as my front chin spoiler/rear spoiler. The weather striping around the car is also faded and the plastic near the windshield wipers.

My question is - what is the process for applying the quick sealant and will it work on something this far gone? If not, what's the next step?

There are also waterspots on the hood as well as the hood decal from sprinklers a long time ago.

I saw the stickies and will read through them again, although those decals in the video are in much better shape than mine.

Here are some pictures of the damage.

http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/cfeingold/library/

9 answers to this question

Thanks for the replies. Yeah I saw that thread and checked out the video. Judging by the pictures I posted, I was asking what the best method was to handle something that faded.

if you are talking about the faded weather stripping...all purpose cleaner on a microfiber towel and clean the weatherstripping.  I bet after you clean, your microfiber will be black from all of the dirt.  after this, use some svrt to bring it back to life

Jeff is correct on the weather stripping. Wipe it down with APC really well to clean the oxidation first. Then follow up with VRT. I'm sure you'll be happy with the way it comes out.

Can I use the all purpose cleaner and follow with the quick sealant on something like the spoiler? As well as front lip spoiler?

Sure, just be sure the APC does not dry on the car,

Sure, just be sure the APC does not dry on the car,

What's the reasoning for not letting it dry on the car?

It could discolor or stain the surface.  Just rinsing with water or a neutralizer (DS, Waterless Car Wash, diluted Rinseless Wash) will work.