Customer Service 866.965.0400

need garage workshop help ideas

hemi1300

wife and i building a house and gonna be ready soon, have a 3.5 car garage and want to build a workshop area but kind of lost looking at so many solutions.  Want to do it right the first time and be done, was constantly moving stuff around at our old house trying to figure the best setup.  Interested in some large cabinets (48"x72", maybe gladiator) for storage, a nice work bench with cabinet or 2 above it.  Anybody got any ideas to help or pics of your current setup?  Maybe thinking something like this for a bench, not sure yet

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Unbranded-Garage-Series-5-ft-Industrial-Steel-Workbench-with-Cabinet-Storage-GS00659031/205036084

Any help would be greatly appreciated

That is one slick setup, thanks for the pics. Found an 8' gladiator work bench and 2 gladiator large storage cabinets on Craigslist for $800 that are 2 years old, may buy them if they're still available (fingers crossed)

Thanks, not sure if you can see in the pics .....I have the power strip on my 8' bench.

here is the ad i'm looking at and waiting a response if still available

http://columbus.craigslist.org/tls/4336122877.html

not sure exactly what cabinets and table models, but from gladiator's web site looks to be about $1100-1300 total for the 3 items

That looks like a good deal and the work bench has the power strip added, it alone is 140.00.

If you are building a garage from scratch (and it is NOT too late) here are some ideas:

Radiant in floor heat.

100 amp sub panel.

Hot and cold water spigot.

Floor drain for inside washing.

Heat detector tied into central alarm system.

Battery back up door operators.

High lift garage door track with torsion springs.

Insulated garage doors with a minimum width and height of 8'.

High ceilings if you plan to install a lift.

High efficiency lighting.

Wash up sink with hot and cold water.

Ceiling mounted electric receptacles for power cord reels.

A "Big *** Ceiling Fan"...... YES! That is the brand name.

Cabinets, benches and shelving can be custom made to fit your area once you move in.

Where were u when we were starting the house build and planning? Have a few of those items-hot and cold spigots, high output t5 fixtures (4 of them), outlets on the ceiling or additional outlets I will add myself as needed, high ceilings and oversized insulated 8' garage doors

Derek.....You sure you want to ask our opinions.

Epoxy  Coating

Outlets

Lights

Central Heat and Air (it was cheaper for us to put in a full size instead of those small compact jobs).

Floor Drains (yes more than one)

Insulated Garage Doors (Wayne Dalton is what I have)

Central Vacuum (if your putting it in the house)

Utility Sink

Cabinets (custom built ones)

Mine has wall and base cabinets along the back wall (vehicles drive in opposite side) and have two rolling chest on the side.