Customer Service 866.965.0400

My 2010 Camaro SS build

Blue17CamaroZL1

So I got the passenger side done. You can see the white LED now!!! Looks a lot better!!!

This is during the day with the sun on it:

793667_10151920868589804_768823779_o_zps

This is at night with the LEDs on and camera flash on:

1271667_10151921315089804_1007635571_o_z

This is at night with the LEDs on and camera flash off

:

1269190_10151921315219804_1964556380_o_z

You have done some nice tasteful mods.  Only thing I would recommend is wetsanding some of the pieces you painted that have been clear coated.  Then follow up with a compund and polish to remove the sanding marks.  That would eleiminate some of the orange peel and look even better. 

If I was a professional painted and knew exactly how professionals did it, I could agree.  All of my paint jobs were rattle canned.

It is the same prep work no matter how you spray it. Rattle can or spray gun shouldn't make a difference in that respect. And you should be able to pull off the same quality regardless of method, depending on the quality of the paint/clear itself that you use. You might just have a bit more work to finish with a rattle can since you did pretty dry coats.

Only thing I would recommend is wetsanding some of the pieces you painted that have been clear coated.  Then follow up with a compund and polish to remove the sanding marks.  That would eleiminate some of the orange peel and look even better. 

It won't help. The texture is under the paint on the part itself. Otherwise he could do that and it would get rid of the effect of spraying it dry as well. It would look like a pro did it.

Well I meant the pieces that have clear coat on them so they are a little more smooth. I'm ok with the texture under the paint as it retains the OEM look to go with the rest of the OEM parts.

Nice Job on the Mods!!

But I think the next mod should be a "GARAGE!"

Contract for the garage was signed in September. Township stalled and then it got too cold for the contractor to start but a garage is coming.

Nice job Matt, the cosmetic mods are nice and tasteful!

Have you every had it on the dyno after the cam/headers?

Not yet. April 5th is a Tune Time meet here in NJ and they are offering dyno pulls. Before work dyno was 345 HP & 379 TQ

we want exhaust clips, we want exhaust clips!!  Nice ride

Let me try to post my YouTube video from my phone.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...