Customer Service 866.965.0400

i cleaned my pads..

dhh_93

Question

well i got my gen 2 set today, polished with revive polish and waxed with buttery wax. my white polishing pad was really orange when i was through. i sprayed it down with simple green, then scrubbed then blasted it with the water hose. took me forever, but i got it finally a kind of off white color. i was making sure that it is normal for it not to come out as white as it was when i got it. also i cleaned it so hard, most of the "Adam's" print under the velcro is worn off lol. i didnt wash it too hard did i? im just making sure im doing this stuff right, thanks!

Hi Dylan! How's life in NC tonight? You are doing the right thing, and the only thing that you could have done to remove more of the Orange from the Revive Polish would have been:

1. Used our All Purpose Cleaner (More effective than SG for cleaning the foam pads.)
  2. Use the Fine Machine Polish (Designed to be used on the white pad, is white in color, and won't stain.)

The orange stain and logo coming off won't hurt a thing. Just be sure to give credit to Adam's Polishes when showing ALL of your friends and family pads now that the logo is gone, that would be nice!:lol:

Thanks Dylan,:2thumbs:

Thanks Adam! its great here in North Carolina, how about in Colorado?

and actually i ordered some of your APC over the weekend and was shipped today.

i just wanted to make sure that i wasn't messing up these amazing pads!

i let everyone know that i am using Adam's products, they are amazing!

Thanks again Adam!!!

Thanks for your recent order Dylan, and for your kind words on the pads!

It's pretty nice here in Colorado, can't complain at all. Went for a long mountain bike ride on Saturday, and hope to get out again tomorrow. :D

Any sporting going on in NC with you Dylan?

We spent time in NC last summer, and LOVED it! My brother-in-law and his wife live in Raleigh. While there, we saw a concert at the historic Lincoln Theater. OUTSTANDING venue!:thumbsup:

golf a little bit more now that its starting to warm up!

my brother lives in Raleigh!

And Adam, one question while were in this conversation.

About how much longer on the Wheel Cleaner, and new Adam's Bag?

Edited by dhh_93

Hi Dylan- We are still working on the bag, andh ope to have some by the end of March. Must be made in the USA, so we are working on a way to make it for less than we can sell it for! So far, it's been tough!:help:

Thanks Dylan!:thumbsup:

Edited by Adam

Hi Dylan, Wheel cleaner is going to be in our warehouse tomorrow, finally! Excited to have a 100% GREEN product that is super effective at cutting brake dust.

Wasn't easy to have both, but eco-friendly is the future of car care chemicals, and we are happy to now have all of our products that hit the ground, (Car Wash Shampoo, All Purpose Cleaner, and now Green Wheel Cleaner,) earth friendly.:D

It's also a concentrate, so you will mix it 2:1 up to 5:1 with water, which reduces shipping costs, and improve value. The product will be sold in Gallons, with a free 16oz bottle included at first.

As for the Bag, we are still working on it. Hope to have some by the end of March. Must be made in the USA, so we are working on a way to make it for less than we can sell it for! So far, it's been tough!:help:

OK so it's not on the site for sale... WHY? :( It's tomorrow! :hi:

Just jumped on to buy a gallon and nothing...:(

Let us know when it's available! I'm using Eagle one now which works but it's not great and I'd love to have yours.

Chris

ok so check this out. i cleaned my pads with adams apc this time and they air dried for two days. they were really dry. so i put the white and black ones in a ziplock together. i come back a day later and my pads are falling apart.. what did i do wrong?

Thanks for your recent order Dylan, and for your kind words on the pads!

It's pretty nice here in Colorado, can't complain at all. Went for a long mountain bike ride on Saturday, and hope to get out again tomorrow. :D

Any sporting going on in NC with you Dylan?

We spent time in NC last summer, and LOVED it! My brother-in-law and his wife live in Raleigh. While there, we saw a concert at the historic Lincoln Theater. OUTSTANDING venue!:thumbsup:

Hi Adam, where did you go mountain biking? Eastern or Western Colorado. I am itching to get back out but still nursing from a knee surgery that is taking WAY to long to heal. Now that it is getting better, they are calling for a foot of snow tonight into tomorrow. Oh well, I can keep looking at my pictures of biking in Fruita CO. Take care.

ok so check this out. i cleaned my pads with adams apc this time and they air dried for two days. they were really dry. so i put the white and black ones in a ziplock together. i come back a day later and my pads are falling apart.. what did i do wrong?

Hi Dylan, I'm very sorry to hear this! Sounds odd, and makes me think you may have a defective set of pads.

We'll send replacements immediately, and an extra label to send the dead pads back so we can figure out what happened.

(We guarantee everything we sell 110%, no matter what happened to them!)

We've got pads that have been used and rinsed out a few dozen times, and they are like new, minus the faded "Adam's" logo. (We've never stored pads in a bag, so that's the wild card here.)

Next time, I'd suggest not keeping your pads in a sealed bag. The only thing I can think of is mold formed, and somehow broke down the foam.

Please shoot me an email and I'll personally see to it that your new pads get out in tomorrow's UPS.

Sorry Dylan, and we'll figure this out! We have sold a few thousand sets of the Gen2 Pads, and this is the first time this I've heard of this happening.:(

Adam@AdamsPolishes.com.

Next time, I'd suggest not keeping your pads in a sealed bag. The only thing I can think of is mold formed

What do you suggest then for storage Adam. I thought a sealed plastic bag kept them safe and clean:confused:

Next time, I'd suggest not keeping your pads in a sealed bag. The only thing I can think of is mold formed

What do you suggest then for storage Adam. I thought a sealed plastic bag kept them safe and clean:confused:

Hi Z- Try a non-sealed bag, or keep them on a shelf, in a cabinet.

I've always kept mine on a shelf, and never had an issue with the pad getting prematurely dirty, dusty, or causing damage when using.:thumbsup: