Customer Service 866.965.0400

High Efficiency Washing Machine

Timmy8784

Question

Anyone on here wash their towels in a HE washing machine with the Revitalizer?

Does it work better, the same, or worse than a standard washer?

Do you add the revitalized where the detergent goes or just add to water?

Thanks!

25 answers to this question

To be honest with you I really wouldn't know.  I do have a front loader HE and that thing spins so fast that at times it likes to walk on it's own.  The guy at Maytag said ideally it should be located on a cement floor, not floor joists.  And yes, I just add the Revitalizer where the detergent would go.  Mine has a divider that can be adjusted if one is using a liquid or powdered detergent.  The boss, aka wife, has found that she likes to just use those gel packs and toss' one in with the clothes.

Edited by LFairbanks

We also have an HE machine.  I pre-treat my towels with Revitalizer (heavily soiled spots get APC) and use no-fragrance/no-softener HE detergent for the wash itself.

Edited by Norton

Pre-treatment with APC and MF-RV then throw in the wash usually on warm, 2 rinse and high spin works for us. Adding a squirt or two of MF-RV direct in the drum works fine as well.

However, it has been said that our washing machines spin the opposite way to the northern hemisphere, so beware ;)

Should i use the Adam's Microfiber Rejuvenator as my laundry detergent in my HE washer?  I have some of that... was at Home depot and Costco and they both had their versions of the Free and Clear (no perfumes and no dyes).  Was wondering if that would work.  Also, i read about pre-treating.  So do you use the rejuvenator in a spray bottle ?  is it diluted down any?... so i guess 3 questions:

1.  Can I use Free and Clear laundry detergent to wash micro fibers

2.  Pre Treat with a sprayer?  (basically use it LIKE Shout on heavy soiled spots; i know not to use actual Shout).

a.  If so, is this diluted at all in the sprayer 

1) yes, Dylan says he doesn't use MFR in the wash all the time. I however do use it each wash

Personally , but I don't have an HE machine so there is more water in mine per load

2) personally I dilute it 3:1 with distilled as a pre treater. You can and are able to pre treat with a sprayer full strength, this is just my preference after a few years of washing towels.

Do you put the vinegar in the fabric softener tray or do you open when you hear rinsing and drop some vinegar in the wash on top of clothes. Do you think the tide free and clear or knock off is fine to use? Sorry for the elementary questions, just don't want to ruin a couple hundred dollars of microfibers because I didn't think it all through or get all the info b

In my opinion, just use Adam's Microfiber Brightener and Revitalizer. If you've spent a couple hundred dollars on the towels, why not use the best to take care of them? I have been using it from the start in my HE washer and my towels still look brand new.

Do you put the vinegar in the fabric softener tray or do you open when you hear rinsing and drop some vinegar in the wash on top of clothes. Do you think the tide free and clear or knock off is fine to use? Sorry for the elementary questions, just don't want to ruin a couple hundred dollars of microfibers because I didn't think it all through or get all the info b

I put it in the fabric softener tray. I think any "free" type of soap is fine, just don't use to much.

Edited by chops1sc

Don't overthink my post.

I've used a dedicated MF detergent in the wash for 4-5 years now and nothing more.

2 things will kill your towels - excessive heat in the dryer and a buildup of soils. If you use MFR as directed (2 oz per large load and 1 oz per regular/medium) and wash on warm, with a low heat drying cycle you don't have to worry about killing your towels.

Don't overthink it and use as directed. If your towels don't need pre treating/ spot treating then don't. Just use it in the wash.

The MFR is all I use when washing my towels.  And I put in where the soap would go in the dispenser tray.  Never had an issue and towels come out clean.  I also got rid of the HE front loader.  (post #2) Hated that thing.  I now have an HE top loader and don't even notice that it is running.

Edited by LFairbanks

I put 1 ounce Adams MFR&B 16:1 in a spray bottle. I spritz the towels where needed, balance goes into "wash" tray of washer. Pre-soak, hot water, extra rinse...No other chemicals or additives. Cool to mild heat dryer, Air dry if still damp. . Very happy with results. 

Edited by LT1xL82

In my opinion, just use Adam's Microfiber Brightener and Revitalizer. If you've spent a couple hundred dollars on the towels, why not use the best to take care of them? I have been using it from the start in my HE washer and my towels still look brand new.

Not trying to argue with you here, but to bring up a different perspective. How do you know MFR is the best thing to take care of them? I've tried everything from Tide & All Free to all the specalized MF detergents you can only buy online.  If I washed 5 of the exact same towels in the 5 best detergents I've used. I couldn't tell them apart if you paid me a million bucks. Well, outside of just 5 lucky guesses lol. I use All Free & Clear with Oxiclean right now, and my towels come out looking as good as anything I've used. And I can do 91 loads for around $17 bucks.  Will my towels hold up? That I don't know, but I know the year I used a dedicated MF detergent on my older batch of towels, I'm not seeing a difference, yet any ways.

I will say this, even the best products I've used in terms of my towels coming out looking the cleanest. They never feel like when I bought them after about 4 washes. They become less soft and just feel, I dunno used.  I guess this is just how it is. So for me, I go with the cheapest product that gives me visibly good results. Now this isn't a diss to Adam's product, it's just too pricey for me considering I'm not even sure using it will give me better results over my store bought detergent. And as already mentioned by others, the Adam's staff themselves tell you this isn't reaslly a product you use every wash as your detergent. Not that you can't, but I don't think that's what it excels at. I think it suppose to excel as a pre-wash treatment, if I under the product correctly. 

Edited by quebert

From another thread on about the same topic:

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:03 AM

Here's my routine and it woks phenomenally well in my front load HE machine!

Sometimes I'm amazed at how clean my wheel only towels get after washing.

I do have a water softener.

1. After use, all towels are hung to dry then placed in an open air bin/box once dry.

2. Start with a decent amount of towels, too few towels don't clean very well. They sit in the bin/box for weeks sometimes.

3. I'll pre-treat every spot and stain on the towel by spraying a mixture of 25% MFRB and 75% distilled water onto the towel, front and rear. I'll either clothes pin the towels to a clothes line, or have my wife hold them up while I spray.

4. Allow the towel to sit, pre-treated for 30 minutes inside a five gallon bucket.

a. During this 30 minute pre-sit, I pull the dispenser from the machine and rinse out the fabric softener tray, soap tray and bleach tray and re-install.

5. 1 ounce of MFRB into the Soap Dispenser, and run the machine on it's 30 minute soak cycle; warm water setting.

6. Let them sit in the machine for another 30 minutes to soak after the cycle has completed.

7. Another 1 ounce of MFRB into the soap dispenser, this time run the machine on the Normal wash setting; hot water setting.

8. Run the machine one more time on the Normal setting, Hot water, with NO SOAP in the soap dispenser; I also, on this wash, select Extra Rinse and add 1 ounce of Distilled White Vinegar to the machine's Fabric Softener Tray.

9. Machine dry on warm air setting.

A bit over the top?

Yes, I'll admit, but;

my towels, even my oldest, still appear almost new.

All towels get boiled once every year.

I'll detail a vehicle, on average, every other week year round.

Bruce, vinegar is an acid and baking soda is an alkaline, the two will not play nice together is mixed together.

Baking soda in the wash will help remove odors and vinegar (distilled white) in the rinse will help remove minerals.Together they'll neutralize each other.

Try an experiment; place some baking soda in a glass and add vinegar.

I gave each of my double softs a squirt of APC on both sides, rubbed them together to loose everything up, threw all my microfiber in our front load HE with some All Clear on with Warm water, extra rinse. They came out as bright as they were when I opened my box. 

Found this and just used some of this to clean some double softs i recently soiled with a rinseless wash i did.. might have been a little dirtier than i should have, and the towels came out black... mixed up the MFRB 25% to 75% distilled water.. washed in the washer on semi hot water (next time i'll use HOT), vinegar in rinse... i can't believe it.. they came out great... still tweaking the "recipe" but i like what i see!

What's up with the vinegar? I haven't heard of that before.

I've been washing with my regular free & clear detergent and happy with the results out of my HE washer (top load).

Search the forum for vinegar. Lots of good info!