Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adamized the Raptor

TheWolf

So how long did that whole process take??????????

15 hours. 12 hrs the first day, got the LPS on. Then 3 hrs the next day for glass, wheels, tires and cleanup. Yes, I think I may be slow lol.

^The old Mike Phillips saying is "Move slower to work faster" and on your big truck with black paint it definitely applies.

The metallic flakes look amazing, honestly with your LPS and HGG regimen you should be solid going forward.  On my wife's new ride she has some small defects but on Pure White its going to be a year before anything sticks out at me blaringly enough to want to correct the whole vehicle.  I'll live with it as a new car thats 95% corrected for now.

• 3 weeks later...

With the heat wave we have had for the past three weeks, the garage was getting too hot, so I had to move my product into the basement to keep it cool.

I look around for some storage bins to fit the 16 oz bottles, and found these.  Each one fits 12 bottles, with a little extra room on the end.  They have flip tops and handles.  The handles do flex some with the weight, though.

I put regular washing and cleaning products in one, then polishing products in the other.  This way, I can just grab one container for a typical wash.

20150711_114502.jpg

20150711_114600.jpg

20150711_114638.jpg

IRIS 4-Piece Letter Size Portable File Box with Wing-Lid and Handles.

Edited by TheWolf

It had been about 5 weeks since applying LPS, so I figured it was time for a boost from a layer of H2O Guard & Gloss.

This time, I used the Ricky Bobby method (thanks Jason!), which involved using the wet method, but doing the whole truck with the spray-on and wet wipe, before going back to buff out any residue with the dry towel.  This method saved some time, and also solved the problem of needing three hands for the one-panel-at-a-time method (spray, wet wipe, then dry wipe).

With the truck clean and wet, I sprayed the HGG on the hood, roof, and windows, then quickly wiped those areas with the wet Double Soft Towel.  Next, I sprayed the HGG on one whole side, and then wet-wiped.  Then I did the whole other side and wet-wiped.  I did the tailgate and rear bumper, then finished on the front.  With the quicker process, I found that the towel picked up more water and needed to be wrung out a few times.

Once the whole truck had been sprayed and wet-wiped, I went back with a dry Double Soft towel and wiped the little bit of residue.  For the areas that got some HGG splatters when I sprayed an adjacent area, I went back over these with the wet towel to remove the splatters, then the dry towel for the residue.

After letting the HGG dry/cure for a few hours (while I cleaned up, put away the washing equipment, and had lunch), I put on a layer of Patriot Wax.  This was my first time using Patriot, and I found that it took longer to haze/dry.  Not sure if it was because the HGG was still fresh, but I ended up applying the wax to the entire truck before it hazed enough to remove.

Overall, the shine was impressive.

20150717_201310.jpg

20150717_143650.jpg

I also made a cover plate using a black blank and one of the red Die-Cut decals.  It goes better with the truck, not having the all the white that is on the official cover plates that were just released.

20150717_203103.jpg

20150718_155059.jpg

^The shine looks awesome Dan!  Glad you enjoyed a more efficient method IMO (and less hands needed) of HGG application :)

I think thats a characteristic of Patriot is that it hazes and cures a bit slower than Americana which is notorious for needing to be buffed every 3rd panel or else it dries rock hard.

I'll be PM'ing you in the coming days, I may finally have that bottle ready to send to you, problem is between my 20's and my wifes new 18's on her Sportwagen, I just don't dress many large tires and use as much Super VRT lol!

I haven't been on the forum here for awhile. I read through your thread last night.....very impressive. I have my CRSpotless unit mounted to my garage wall, but really haven't used it. Want to get an electric pressure washer and integrate it with the CR setup. I have a cheap Karacher unit, but want something with a hose reel setup.

Thanks Jason. With low profile tires, a little SVRT goes a long way. With a truck, the SVRT gets used up fast. Yesterday I used about 1/3 of a bottle of it doing the running boards, mud flaps, and the interior bedsides that are Line-X'd.

:o  :o  :o

Wow.  I'd be buying gallons of it too if I was you lol

I haven't been on the forum here for awhile. I read through your thread last night.....very impressive. I have my CRSpotless unit mounted to my garage wall, but really haven't used it. Want to get an electric pressure washer and integrate it with the CR setup. I have a cheap Karacher unit, but want something with a hose reel setup.

Jeff, get that DI filter running already!  :D

I love mine, it is second only to the Master Blaster in the list of Top Tools for Detailing!

Check out the General Pump hose reels:

http://www.pressurewashersdirect.com/power/hose-reels.html

I used a couple of fittings on the hose reel connection so that the pressure washer hose would not kink.

20150412_134628c.jpg

I really need to. I've got a black G8GT and a black Sierra. That is why I bought it, but the Karacher pressure washer is a hassle. I just made a setup to switch between tap water and CR water. Now I am pretty much set on getting the AR630TSS-HOT. Really want the auto start and stop feature. Need to get a 20 amp circuit installed in the garage though.

I don't know if I need the hot water feature, but I do have a sink in the garage that I could get plumbed to feed it. The AR630 seems like a good setup with good features for not too bad of a price. I've got a gas pressure washer, but again, too much hassle.

...Now I am pretty much set on getting the AR630TSS-HOT. Really want the auto start and stop feature. Need to get a 20 amp circuit installed in the garage though.

I don't know if I need the hot water feature, but I do have a sink in the garage that I could get plumbed to feed it. The AR630 seems like a good setup with good features for not too bad of a price. I've got a gas pressure washer, but again, too much hassle.

Not sure if you live in a climate that gets cold, but I think the hot water is great during the winter.  The stop/start is also very nice, no running to turn it on and off, just rinse when you need to.  The electric is also much quieter than gas.

Savannah Georgia.....doesn't get too cold here in winter time. It will be nice to have the option, but will need to look into plumbing.

Jeff, I will try the 1/4" x 50' hose this weekend, and let you know if there is much pressure drop compared to the 3/8" hose.  I do think it may be easier to drag around than the 3/8" hose.

Here's the pics of the fittings.  It is basically two street elbows, they make a swing joint that allows the hose to be angled towards the window in the side of the reel.  If you end up going with 1/4" hose, it may be flexible enough to loop around without the extra fittings.  I tried the 3/8 hose without the fittings and it did not work very well.

20150720_174629.jpg

20150720_174834.jpg

This pic is the 50-foot reel, with the 3/8 hose.

20150720_175224.jpg

I asked pressure washers direct the question on extending the hose or just getting a 50 foot hose, and if going 50 foot whether to stay 1/4 or go bigger to 5/16 or 3/8. They gave me a 3/8 diameter hose part number, but not why it would be better. Think I would prefer the 1/4 diameter hose.

I had my electrician come out today and wire (2) 25 amp outlets. I will be ready for the pressure washer and Master Blaster, and a compressor I've been wanting.

Do you empty your CRSpotless unit? I've been thinking about tapping into the bottom of each canister with a petcock valve to drain the water.

I asked pressure washers direct the question on extending the hose or just getting a 50 foot hose, and if going 50 foot whether to stay 1/4 or go bigger to 5/16 or 3/8. They gave me a 3/8 diameter hose part number, but not why it would be better. Think I would prefer the 1/4 diameter hose.

I had my electrician come out today and wire (2) 25 amp outlets. I will be ready for the pressure washer and Master Blaster, and a compressor I've been wanting.

Do you empty your CRSpotless unit? I've been thinking about tapping into the bottom of each canister with a petcock valve to drain the water.

I would just go with a new 1/4"x50' hose, rather than adding another hose to the 25' hose that comes with the Pressure Washer. It would be a hassle dragging the fitting around where the two hoses connect.

Don't forget to get a short hose for connecting the hose reel to the Pressure Washer.

http://www.powerequipmentdirect.com/General-Pump-D30003/p4478.html

I do not empty the CR Spotless, since it gets regular use. Here is the FAQ from their website:

Will the resin go bad if I don't use it?

Yes it is possible. After long periods of non-use there is a possibility that algae can form and foul the resin. If it is going to set for a long period of time with out use (60-90 days) we suggest that you remove the resin cartridges, allow them to drip dry and dry the inside of the blue housings to prevent algae growth.

Edited by TheWolf

New license plates...

20150731_195916.jpg

20150731_195708.jpg

20150731_195400.jpg

And no, I did not go to school at EWU. I just got this background because the black and red matched my truck. However, I have been on the EWU campus a lot the past 1.5 years, and a few times every week for the past few months, working on a project to make improvements to the water system. This project will be another 1.5-2 years before it is complete, so the plates will get lots of campus time.

The new plates are a huge improvement over the standard Washington blue and white plates.

20150731_202211.jpg

20150731_204701.jpg

Those old plates looked so bad, I don't really have any pics where the old plates are not covered up.

IMG_6052c.JPG

Edited by TheWolf