Customer Service 866.965.0400

Talk to the doc

When I work on product development its largely dictated by customer demand so your feedback is key. How something works for me or how I detail a car isn't necessarily how you work or how you use a product, so in that spirit I want your suggestions, input, feedback, etc.

• Is there product type or category that Adam's doesn't currently cover that you want/need?
  • Is there a product now that you think could use an update or tweak?
  • Is there a problem that you haven't been able to solve with any product, Adam's included?

Lets here your feedback and suggestions in this thread... winter is my time to really get grinding on new/improved products so now is your chance to help shape the next product launch.

Edited by The Shine Doc

I know in the past year or so the In-line water filtration unit was scrapped.  I'd like to see if that could possibly be resurrected. 

Great post though... I will keep thinking of more ideas!

Edited by The Boz

I'm all about consolidating and simplifying my shelf with products, not adding to it so I'll take a different approach.

1)  I would add more polymer to the Rinseless Product for less dilution ratios (similar to a pink product at a slightly higher price point from a popular Florida detailer), and slowly phase out the original Waterless Wash in favor of selling pre-mixed RTU Rinseless dilutions in a Waterless Wash jug.  So you could effectively bottle 2 products with 1 chemical, for the people that hate seeing products go away, and make an already stellar product even better.  I'll send you an ounce of the pink stuff if you need for testing.

2)  As mentioned, Green Wheel Cleaner needs to go.  It has no place in today's regimen IMO, a fairly large chunk of us do not use a wheel cleaner every time we clean the wheels anymore, its not 2002.  Ever since DWC came out (and in my opinion it works better than FE), it has been the wheel cleaner of choice for seasonal use.  Other than that, just put a coat of sealant on them and use car shampoo in a fresh bucket of suds.  If you "think" you need GWC for maintenance cleanings after following that method you are just wasting product.

3)  Super VRT - Tire Shine - Undercarriage Spray - Is there a way to tweak the Tire Shine so it could consolidate the Undercarriage Spray?  Would be great to be able to not worry about staining garage/driveway surfaces and yet use 2 products for the same purpose.  You might have to dial the shine back a bit on the TS to get it to be a multi-use product, but I think it could work.  Super VRT is perfect.  I just find that I dont' go through much Undercarriage Spray in relation to other chems in the line, if I was using the same product on Tires and Wheel Wells to dress it, it might work better in the regimen.  I know there is the Super VRT milk option, but it was just an idea I had, again, to consolidate and simplify.

4)  Interior-wise - Looking forward to new formulation of TID.  Glass Cleaner/Sealant is spot on still to this day, Leather Cleaner, Conditioner are spot on as well according to members here.

5)  APC - Make it a bit stronger yet keep it non-toxic, and be able to dilute it for many tasks, including perhaps a light duty cleaning dilution which may be able to replace C&U Cleaner?

6)  LSP's - Most of them are staples (BG, Americana, Buttery), LPS needs to stay as a traditional liquid sealant, and Quick Sealant needs to stay for wheels, nothing to remove/add here, in my opinion.  If you can come out with a similar WOWA sealant like Garry Dean to be used for maintainence sealing in the winter months I'd definitely be on board.  (i.e. comes in a 2 oz. mister bottle and a couple of sprays on a clean panel wipe it in and walk away, easier than wipedowns with QD).

7)  Buckets - Always been a slight peeve of mine, but can you perhaps include the padded circular cushion with them, perhaps with the Adam's logo?  When polishing although the Gamma Seal is great to sit on, I like a nice cushion!  Based on pricings I've seen it may add $10 to the cost, or have it as an add-on with bucket purchases

8)  Swirl finder - A sweet Mega CREE LED torch flashlight would be great to be sold as a swirl finder, but I think the problem would be price and finding them American or non-Chinese made.

9)  Apparel/swag - I know this has been brought up but a ton of marketing and sales can be made from the free advertising you get with apparel.  I'd say a run of black, red, white or blue T-shirts, and maybe hoodies would be great.  Maybe even with the DvK bearded "shine doc" logo?  (how vain!).  Maybe an Adam's beer bottle opener or corkscrew for the ladies?

10)  MFR - Sell the 36 oz. size in the Pre-Mixed measuring bottle, similar to Micro Restore!  Gallon refills can have an add on for a dilution bottle.

That's all I can think of for now, hope that helps DvK, and Mr. Pitale!

Edited by Ricky Bobby

I think a stronger APC would be ideal, but if it's possible to keep the scent the same as is. My last APC was quite strong and could be diluted 4:1 for wheels/tires and general dirtyness. 

Maybe some tweaks to Car Shampoo to get some more suds and cling time out of it.

I'm all about consolidating and simplifying my shelf with products, not adding to it so I'll take a different approach.

1) I would add more polymer to the Rinseless Product for less dilution ratios (similar to a pink product at a slightly higher price point from a popular Florida detailer), and slowly phase out the original Waterless Wash in favor of selling pre-mixed RTU Rinseless dilutions in a Waterless Wash jug. So you could effectively bottle 2 products with 1 chemical, for the people that hate seeing products go away, and make an already stellar product even better. I'll send you an ounce of the pink stuff if you need for testing.

2) As mentioned, Green Wheel Cleaner needs to go. It has no place in today's regimen IMO, a fairly large chunk of us do not use a wheel cleaner every time we clean the wheels anymore, its not 2002. Ever since DWC came out (and in my opinion it works better than FE), it has been the wheel cleaner of choice for seasonal use. Other than that, just put a coat of sealant on them and use car shampoo in a fresh bucket of suds. If you "think" you need GWC for maintenance cleanings after following that method you are just wasting product.

3) Super VRT - Tire Shine - Undercarriage Spray - Is there a way to tweak the Tire Shine so it could consolidate the Undercarriage Spray? Would be great to be able to not worry about staining garage/driveway surfaces and yet use 2 products for the same purpose. You might have to dial the shine back a bit on the TS to get it to be a multi-use product, but I think it could work. Super VRT is perfect. I just find that I dont' go through much Undercarriage Spray in relation to other chems in the line, if I was using the same product on Tires and Wheel Wells to dress it, it might work better in the regimen. I know there is the Super VRT milk option, but it was just an idea I had, again, to consolidate and simplify.

4) Interior-wise - Looking forward to new formulation of TID. Glass Cleaner/Sealant is spot on still to this day, Leather Cleaner, Conditioner are spot on as well according to members here.

5) APC - Make it a bit stronger yet keep it non-toxic, and be able to dilute it for many tasks, including perhaps a light duty cleaning dilution which may be able to replace C&U Cleaner?

6) LSP's - Most of them are staples (BG, Americana, Buttery), LPS needs to stay as a traditional liquid sealant, and Quick Sealant needs to stay for wheels, nothing to remove/add here, in my opinion. If you can come out with a similar WOWA sealant like Garry Dean to be used for maintainence sealing in the winter months I'd definitely be on board. (i.e. comes in a 2 oz. mister bottle and a couple of sprays on a clean panel wipe it in and walk away, easier than wipedowns with QD).

7) Buckets - Always been a slight peeve of mine, but can you perhaps include the padded circular cushion with them, perhaps with the Adam's logo? When polishing although the Gamma Seal is great to sit on, I like a nice cushion! Based on pricings I've seen it may add $10 to the cost, or have it as an add-on with bucket purchases

8) Swirl finder - A sweet Mega CREE LED torch flashlight would be great to be sold as a swirl finder, but I think the problem would be price and finding them American or non-Chinese made.

9) Apparel/swag - I know this has been brought up but a ton of marketing and sales can be made from the free advertising you get with apparel. I'd say a run of black, red, white or blue T-shirts, and maybe hoodies would be great. Maybe even with the DvK bearded "shine doc" logo? (how vain!). Maybe an Adam's beer bottle opener or corkscrew for the ladies?

10) MFR - Sell the 36 oz. size in the Pre-Mixed measuring bottle, similar to Micro Restore! Gallon refills can have an add on for a dilution bottle.

That's all I can think of for now, hope that helps DvK, and Mr. Pitale!

I also would like to see 1 on Jason list.

I personally like waterless wash because it leaves nothing behind.

Part of #1 is to make it a more concentrated polymer product with less wax additive so its more like IUDJ and less like ONR W&W.  Just trying to maybe help consolidate a bit is all!  I'm sure my idea would most likely never come to fruition.

Carpet protectant, and maybe something wheel specific. I'm on the fence right now about order a set of polished CCW wheels. Everyone who I've talked with says to keep a layer of wax on them at all times because any water spots become stubborn if left on too long without any sort of protection.

I've seen on other websites wheel specific wax/wheel protectants. Is there a need for this, or is buttery/americana a good rim protectant?

I've seen on other websites wheel specific wax/wheel protectants. Is there a need for this, or is buttery/americana a good rim protectant?

I'd be using Quick Sealant on those as far as the Adam's line goes, nuba waxes you'll be lucky to get a few weeks of protection.  You should get OC on those CCW's.

A few things off the top of my head (Dylan I hope it's ok to reference other products from other manufactures):

1.  I prefer a rinseless wash that has no wax in it and leaves nothing behind similar to Meguiar's D114.  I tend to follow up with either a QD or spray wax.

2.  I strictly use SVRT on trim and I would prefer for it to have longer durability.  Making it more like a trim sealant or trim coating (ie wolfgang exterior trim sealant or blackfire tire & trim sealant).  Or keeping SVRT but also introduced a dedicated trim coating. 

Tire coating.

3.  I agree with this.  I know which one he is talking about since I also use that other brand. 

4.  I also agree with pre-labeled bottles with dilution rations on them as well.

5.  An ironx trype product for paint.

6.  Tweaking liquid paint sealant to have even more durability than the typical 4-6 month range.  Similar to what Meguiar's is doing with their new paint protect sealant or Sonus Ion with them claiming up to a 1 year durability.  Looks like a coating is in development so we will see what is to be introduced in the future. 

7.  What about a leather coating for today's coated leather interior.

8.  What about having glass sealant become a glass coating.  Of course this would lead to a glass polish. 

9.  With all the coating talk having an Adam's coating line would be a nice addition for paint, wheels and glass. 

10. What about a dedicated paint cleaner that leaves nothing behind and removes polishing oil (similar to Deatiler's Pro Prep Polish) in stead of using IPA