Customer Service 866.965.0400

PRO TIP: Dilution Ratios

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Michael. I haven't tried to dilute Undercarriage Spray since it's one of our products that a little bit goes a long way. One 16oz bottle will usually last me through 15+ vehicles or applications. It took me around 2 years to go through my last gallon, and I'm usually detailing at least one or more vehicles every weekend at my house.

I agree with Michael. I haven't tried to dilute Undercarriage Spray since it's one of our products that a little bit goes a long way. One 16oz bottle will usually last me through 15+ vehicles or applications. It took me around 2 years to go through my last gallon, and I'm usually detailing at least one or more vehicles every weekend at my house.

Wow. I must really abuse it. I'm using 1/2 to 3/4 bottle per truck. But I also do the exposed frame all the suspension and anything that's visible below the body. So I'm sure there is wasted product trying to spray the smaller parts under there.

Wow. I must really abuse it. I'm using 1/2 to 3/4 bottle per truck. But I also do the exposed frame all the suspension and anything that's visible below the body. So I'm sure there is wasted product trying to spray the smaller parts under there.

I use a terry cloth towel to spread the UCS after spraying an area.  

Good idea. I'll have to remember that for some customer cars.

Most wheel wells up here don't come clean enough to wipe though,

With 2 DD's, by this point though after 2 hours each just to wash the outside my 5 year old is getting impatient and wants me to play with him, along with my girlfriend getting mad I'm not doing house chores. lol because she doesn't understand cars and the relaxation therapy they bring us.

Good idea. I'll have to remember that for some customer cars.

Most wheel wells up here don't come clean enough to wipe though,

Ahhh, I can see that.  I mostly use it on my truck, and it's easy-peasy!

• 4 weeks later...

I mainly use APC for my wheels when they aren't too dirty, my floor mats, and my wheel wells. Would a 1:3 dilution be sufficient for my purposes, or should I go with 1:1?

Unfortunately, APC is not a concentrate.. 1:1 failed to get the tires clean few times so I went full strength.. I'd go with 1:1 for light cleaning of the wheels, wells and mats but not 3:1

I use the black foam blocks for the Undercarriage Spray.

I use the black foam blocks for the Undercarriage Spray.

It would be rare you could do that up here. Since they are extremely dirty and your lucky if you can get a wheelwell 75% clean enough (since no one cleans them, but me) to use anything to wipe with. The dirt and mud would just be a nasty paste if you tried to wipe them.

I mainly use APC for my wheels when they aren't too dirty, my floor mats, and my wheel wells. Would a 1:3 dilution be sufficient for my purposes, or should I go with 1:1?

For wheel and tire cleaning 1:1 is what I use on my maintained cars.  I keep 1:4 for very light cleaning inside the car. 

• 7 months later...

Ok, i know this thread is old but very interesting.

I bought some gallons the other day ECO APC and Wheel Cleaner, do I dilute them or use them at full strength?

I know that might sound silly but I thought it was perfect to go straight from the gallon container.  I just funneled it down to a 16 or 32oz bottle.

I just dont want to be using it wrong.  I use APC for my tires mostly and other odd things on the car like running boards.  and Wheel cleaner of course for wheels.  

1 hour ago, BlackCadi14 said:

Ok, i know this thread is old but very interesting.

I bought some gallons the other day ECO APC and Wheel Cleaner, do I dilute them or use them at full strength?

I know that might sound silly but I thought it was perfect to go straight from the gallon container.  I just funneled it down to a 16 or 32oz bottle.

I just dont want to be using it wrong.  I use APC for my tires mostly and other odd things on the car like running boards.  and Wheel cleaner of course for wheels.  

The gallons are just larger size containers of the original product, they are not concentrates, so they are OK to use as-is without diluting them.  With that said, there are reasons why you might want to dilute the APC and the Wheel Cleaner.  The Wheel Cleaner, for example can be diluted and used to remove iron deposits from your paint before doing a full detail with clay, polish, etc.  The APC can also be diluted to remove stubborn bug guts and tar from painted surfaces.  If you follow this thread back from the beginning, you'll find a link to some recommended dilution ratios  for some of the more common products.

Edited by ZMAN024

• 4 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, sdfd504 said:

What would the recommended ratio be for waterless wash for a clay lube? I have three bottles from previous MB's and I have no use for it otherwise. 

You could, but I have heard it is too slick.  You can use it in place of DS in the drying step, or now that you have 50 posts you can try the Trading post.

2 minutes ago, mc2hill said:

You could, but I have heard it is too slick.  You can use it in place of DS in the drying step, or now that you have 50 posts you can try the Trading post.

Yeah I read that as well so I will try to trade them off now. Thanks!

2 hours ago, sdfd504 said:

What would the recommended ratio be for waterless wash for a clay lube? I have three bottles from previous MB's and I have no use for it otherwise. 

I like to use Waterless Wash on the door jambs.

Since I rarely get to clean the inside and outside of a vehicle at once it makes it easier since I’m not always using a bucket of soap and water.

2 hours ago, alexA5 said:

Is wheel cleaner dilluateable? Thanks 

You can dilute 1:1 with Distilled water to use as a paint decon.  I've done it before and it works great

For maintenance washes on rims sometimes I also use it 1:1.  If it's been a while, I'll grab my full strength bottle.