Customer Service 866.965.0400

PRO TIP: Dilution Ratios

1 hour ago, tskanolan said:

You can dilute 1:1 with Distilled water to use as a paint decon.  I've done it before and it works great

For maintenance washes on rims sometimes I also use it 1:1.  If it's been a while, I'll grab my full strength bottle.

???? Thanks. My wheels are never that dirty so i feel like I’m wasteing product using full strength. I’ll try out 1:1

• 4 months later...

I read this thread from start to finish...very informative. Relatively new to Adam's products and I have been using them all at full strength. However, most of the cars I detail are filthy inside and out. The dilution ratios on the chart will be good for my car for regular maintenance cleanings. Thanks to all!

• 2 months later...
On 2/3/2016 at 8:18 AM, James__ said:

Attached is the Dilutions Table I made in case any of you would like to use it.  The amounts are not exact but are rounded up to the nearest quarter ounce.

Dilution Ratios.pdf

Is there anything that needs added to this for new products in the last 2 years? 

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, moons21 said:

I know not an Adam's product, but what are people using for dilutions for an IPA wipe down?  I've seen 1:1 and others mentioned.. just wondering what peeps are doing here.

I dilute to about 50% alcohol.  IPA is available in different solutions, so if you have a 70% solution from the store, add about 25% water to 75% IPA to get an approximately 50% alcohol solution.  If you have a 90% solution off the shelf, then go about 50/50 on your dilution.

2 hours ago, TheWolf said:

I dilute to about 50% alcohol.  IPA is available in different solutions, so if you have a 70% solution from the store, add about 25% water to 75% IPA to get an approximately 50% alcohol solution.  If you have a 90% solution off the shelf, then go about 50/50 on your dilution.

:iagree:

• 9 months later...
6 hours ago, Eswear said:

This is awesome info!!!! Are the listed products the only ones recommended to dilute?

No, this is an older article so newer products have been released like an updated APC. But it's definitely a good start.

• 4 months later...

Hey everyone, quick update here. I edited the original post of this thread to include dilution ratios of some of our newer products and added them to the list. The rest of the post is a bit outdated now with old pictures and so on, so I'm working on a new Blog write-up for the website as I type this.

I'm planning on explaining dilution ratios similar to this thread, but also including percentages of mixtures since some people find that much faster and easier to make some custom mixtures. 

If you have any other suggestions, thoughts, or questions, please post them here and I will see if they can be incorporated into the new write-up! Thank you!

24 minutes ago, Rb1274 said:

Anyone Dilute Wheel and Tire Cleaner?  I flew though my Gallon...

Yes definitely! I updated the original post last week with Wheel & Tire Cleaner recommendations:

Wheel & Tire Cleaner

• 2:1 - Fender wells and engine bay
  • 1:1 - Maintenance cleaning of lightly dirty wheels and tires 

I can save I have tested it at about 25% diluted with water and 50% diluted with water in my 16oz bottle and it still gives nice results, though you obviously want to use it at full-strength if you have very discolored tires or dirty wheels. It's one of my most used products now!

• 3 months later...
On 4/21/2020 at 3:18 PM, Rb1274 said:

Anyone Dilute Wheel and Tire Cleaner?  I flew though my Gallon...

I use 1:1 tire and wheel cleaner and it works great! I use 2:1 on the fly...I do not spray down the tire and wheel but I do hose down the fender well before applying the solution. That is winging a 2:1 solution to me with a 1:1 bottle. I have not had good luck spraying the wheel down first (unless it is super dirty). Not an exact science of course 

• 2 weeks later...

I saw in one of the videos that the tire & rubber cleaner is supposed to work really well in either a foam cannon or foaming sprayer.  In those cases, say for wheel wells or engine bays, should I use the product straight-up, or diluted?

7 hours ago, aurik said:

I saw in one of the videos that the tire & rubber cleaner is supposed to work really well in either a foam cannon or foaming sprayer.  In those cases, say for wheel wells or engine bays, should I use the product straight-up, or diluted?

Straight up!

• 6 months later...

I'm finding it takes about (1-bottle) 16 oz. Wheel & Tire Cleaner to do a full size truck, tires, wheels & fender wells. 

Bought a IK Multi Pro 2 today, thinking it will stretch the product, mixing ratio 1:1.

Have not tried it yet, anyone have thoughts on this or experiences? 

3 hours ago, ol 65 said:

I'm finding it takes about (1-bottle) 16 oz. Wheel & Tire Cleaner to do a full size truck, tires, wheels & fender wells. 

Bought a IK Multi Pro 2 today, thinking it will stretch the product, mixing ratio 1:1.

Have not tried it yet, anyone have thoughts on this or experiences? 

Yep, I've diluted Wheel & Tire Cleaner 1:1 in the regular 16oz bottle and it still works quite well. You may want to test it out with a smaller amount (2oz Wheel & Tire Cleaner, 2oz water for example) to see if you like that ratio or not, rather than mixing up a big batch and potentially not making it strong enough. 

I thought it I was using a lot more Wheel & Tire Cleaner than I should have been.  So I did my comparison of volume used by using Wheel Cleaner and separate Tire & Rubber Cleaner on one vehicle and with identical wheels and tires, I used Wheel & Tire Cleaner.

Come to find out, I was actually using less total chemical with Wheel & Tire Cleaner and it smells much better than regular Wheel Cleaner.  The difference in volume of minimal, but there was a difference.  In the end, I just decided that straight up Wheel & Tire Cleaner was meeting my needs and it was actually costing me less than the two separate bottles.

I will be interested in your results since I do have a couple of pump sprayers and if I can stretch a product, why not.

• 2 months later...

Is it possible to dilute the Graphene Detail Spray GDS 1) to create other uses or 2) get more mileage out of a bottle? 

As a quick detailer used for light smudges dust pollen, would it still work diluted 1:1?  The video on the product gave me the impression it's to be used more as a finisher / gloss layer and less of a spot detail cleaner. 

Can GDS be included in a pre-soak spray (with rinseless product) or in the bucket of a rinseless wash?

Does it work sprayed (diluted or not) over the pre-soak before a rinseless wash? 

context: minimally soiled vehicle with ceramic coat in desert climate

edit: shortened question 

Edited by furiousDB

• 1 month later...