Customer Service 866.965.0400

interior wood grain cleaning

ss-truck

Question

14 answers to this question

What about a brushed aluminum interior? Metal Polish 1 and 2 or no?

If it is truly a brushed aluminum dash (not water transfer printing), and make sure it isn't clear coated. If it is clear coated I would just use detail spray, wax, maybe an occasional revive polish. You can always test on an inconspicuous place first.

Bruce

If it is truly a brushed aluminum dash (not water transfer printing), and make sure it isn't clear coated. If it is clear coated I would just use detail spray, wax, maybe an occasional revive polish. You can always test on an inconspicuous place first.

Bruce

Yeah its real brushed aluminum. I'm not sure if its clearcoated or not. It seems semi-rough to the touch. Thanks for the advice! :) Much appreciated!

Not Pledge JIM! Well, not unless you want a really oily, and smelly car?

I just used our Swirl & Haze Remover by hand on the wood on our Lexus-LandCruiser, followed by the Fine Machine Polish. The vehicle has over 95K miles now, and the general scratches from use.

Used very little product, on the end of a Costco microfiber towel. Came out great! Now, I just spray a little Detail Spray on the Plush Towel and give it a wipe down when the interior gets cleaned. :thumbsup:

Not Pledge JIM! Well, not unless you want a really oily, and smelly car?

I just used our Swirl & Haze Remover by hand on the wood on our Lexus-LandCruiser, followed by the Fine Machine Polish. The vehicle has over 95K miles now, and the general scratches from use.

Used very little product, on the end of a Costco microfiber towel. Came out great! Now, I just spray a little Detail Spray on the Plush Towel and give it a wipe down when the interior gets cleaned. :thumbsup:

What would you suggest for the brushed aluminum Adam ?

What would you suggest for the brushed aluminum Adam ?

That's a different story!

• If the aluminum has no scratches, and just needs a wipe down: Detail Spray.
  • General cleaning, coffee spill, 1,000 miles of hand oils touching everything: I'd clean it with the same damp towel used to clean the leather, dash, and/or vinyl interior, and our Leather & Interior Cleaner.
  • (then follow with the Detail Spray)

If the aluminum has a clear over it, do just as I outlined for the interior wood, as the varnished clear is all that's being polished.

What always helps on questions like this: PHOTOS!! :thumbsup: