Customer Service 866.965.0400

Pressure Washer Question

Beegee55

Question

I have an electric Greenworks 2000 psi pressure washer that I use about once every couple of months. It has a soap tank for the detergent. When no more soap comes out through the sprayer, I can still see a little detergent at the very bottom of the soap tank. Can I store the washer like this for a couple of months, or do I somehow need to empty the soap tank after every use? And if you have this Greenworks product, how do you remove this little bit of detergent left in the soap tank? Thanks in advance!

13 answers to this question

I have a word of caution for the Greenworks PW. I have one just like yours and I DO NOT use it on my vehicles! The chrome rod/shaft is all rusted inside. I can't see shooting rust out at 2000 psi a good thing.

I store my pressure washer in my basement during the winter months to prevent freezing.

I have a word of caution for the Greenworks PW. I have one just like yours and I DO NOT use it on my vehicles! The chrome rod/shaft is all rusted inside. I can't see shooting rust out at 2000 psi a good thing.

I have been looking at getting an electric pressure washer. Never thought about this, and never saw anybody mention it, but I would think this is a common issue with pressure Washers of all brands. 

For the thousandth time 2000psi out of an electric is perfectly fine.  Those electrics are low gpm at 1.2 to 1.4 so for total cleaning units you are under 3000.

Don't be a dummy and use a 0 degree or turbo tip 6 inches from the paint though with 2000 psi.

Plenty of people using 3000 psi+ gas machines to wash their cars, they are using them smartly however.

I have 1700 psi and can use the turbo tip if I need more power to rinse the car and it doesnt harm a single thing as long as its 2-3 feet away from the paint.  The 15 degree tip I use regularly to rinse it and can get closer if needed.

To go back to your soap tank, before storing the machine, I would run some distilled water through the soap tank to clear out any surfactant buildup from the soap and clean the detergent lines out (run the soap tip so you can get all the soap/water mix out)

Also, use a pump protector you can get from HD/Lowes if storing for a while.  Its cheap insurance to keep the seals lubricated.

I already have probably 10 hours of use out of my 1700psi, 1.2gpm Ryobi I bought this year and its an absolute beast.

Correct me if I am wrong...... 2000 PSI out of a electric washer is the same 2000 PSI out of a gas power washer. I still say if mis used you could damage your paint.

Most coin op car washes are average 1100 to 1400 PSI. At the end of the day it's your choice, I am sticking with the lower PSI washer for my cars.

Correct me if I am wrong...... 2000 PSI out of a electric washer is the same 2000 PSI out of a gas power washer. I still say if mis used you could damage your paint.

Most coin op car washes are average 1100 to 1400 PSI. At the end of the day it's your choice, I am sticking with the lower PSI washer for my cars.

Key words are misused.  The difference in my washer and experience (and several member using 1800-2000psi Karcher, Greenworks. AR Blue Clean, etc machines) is 300 psi, so not terribly huge.

It is with my experience that models sold at the big box stores have some user error built into them, I.E. they don't supply them with 0 degree tips (which is huge), and the turbo nozzles are able to be used without taking paint/skin off, etc.  Low gpm so the total cleaning units (psi x gpm) is down, etc.

My 1700psi Ryobi, with the Turbo tip on it, I am able to rinse my feet off using it as long as you are smart with it and keep about 2 feet away from your skin.  Nothing bad happens, and my skin is much softer than paint on a car. Just like firearms, don't misuse the power and don't be an idiot...

Edited by Ricky Bobby