Customer Service 866.965.0400

Dipped Wheel/Tire Cleaning

lreeves

Question

7 answers to this question

they are both just fine to use. Just don't let the deep wheel cleaner dry on the wheels when you are cleaning them. Spray and clean one at a time. If they are not that dirty and brake dust is not caked on and are cleaned regularly you can use some car shampoo and water a good trick is to mix some in a spray bottle then you always have some ready to go. f you put  a clear coat on it to you can put waxes glaze and liquid paint sealant on them. But if they are matte You can apply some quick sealant on them for protection.

Yep, I've used both DWC and APC on plastidipped wheels with great success. Even on very bright colors of plastidip like Blaze Pink and Blaze orange, full strength APC did not stain or discolor the dip in any way for me. As always with plastidip, give extra care around the rim edge of the wheel to avoid having any of the dip peel back. I've had zero issues with SVRT as well, using a tire hex applicator to apply it.

Dan, for your VRT response, I was initially wondering if it is ok to continue to use VRT on my wheels because I wanted to ensure that VRT would not damage the dip if contact was made.  Are you saying you have used VRT on the dipped wheel as well as the tire?  And I've seen other comments where people have used quick sealant or other sealants directly on the dipped wheels.  Would Adams' Quick Sealant be ok to use on the dipped wheels to assist in preventing brake dust from clinging?

Thanks All.  

Dan, for your VRT response, I was initially wondering if it is ok to continue to use VRT on my wheels because I wanted to ensure that VRT would not damage the dip if contact was made.  Are you saying you have used VRT on the dipped wheel as well as the tire?  And I've seen other comments where people have used quick sealant or other sealants directly on the dipped wheels.  Would Adams' Quick Sealant be ok to use on the dipped wheels to assist in preventing brake dust from clinging?

Thanks All.

You can apply SVRT directly to dip without hurting it.

To clarify, I've never purposely applied SVRT to a plastidipped wheel, but I have spread some onto a wheel by accident and had no issues. I typically use Car Shampoo or Waterless Wash on plastidipped surfaces. I will have to do some testing with Quick Sealant and get back to you. I have a plastidipped mini fridge in my garage that could make a good test subject, or I will just dip a spare winter wheel I have laying around :)