Customer Service 866.965.0400

Difference between Americana and Patriot

sahls01gmc

Question

The new Americana formula is easier to apply and remove, so it is similar to Patriot Wax in that respect. Patriot Wax is still our highest shine, premium paste wax, with a higher percentage of Brazilian carnauba and Montan wax that provide a higher level of gloss. Without getting into specific percentages since that is proprietary information, the new Americana has a good amount of polymer resin in it for more durability than Patriot, closer to the durability of a sealant.

Yes, the price per ounce is now the same if you bought 2 containers of Americana vs. 1 container of Patriot. The old formula Americana was priced at $69.99 and took more effort to remove if you let the wax haze up for too long, both of which made people hesitant to try it. We listened to customer feedback - we've now improved the formula and ease of use of Americana, reduced the size (still plenty to do a LOT of vehicles), put it in a much higher quality container that should not have the lid-opening issues of the old container, and then dropped the price by $20 to make it a more friendly price for someone that may not want to justify spending $70-$100 on a premium paste wax for their daily driver :)

Geez Dan, you could have just said "Buy the Americana since you have 3 daily drivers..."    :D

That all makes perfect sense.  I realize that Patriot has it's place, and since I don't have any show cars, the Americana would provide the shine and durability I'm looking for.  

I was just curious as to the same price per ounce, but the difference is in the application.

Thanks again to everyone!

This is a great thread, and the difference needs to be stated, especially with the new Americana, which was launched today!  

Here's how I decide what Paste Wax to use:

Looking for amazing shine, only, on a finish that doesn't see many elements?  Patriot.

Looking for good shine, and great protection on something I drive often?  Americana.

Both are now easy to use.  If I was shopping for wax on a budget, and was only waxing my daily driven hot rod, I'd choose the Americana.  Big bang for the buck.  

My $0.02.  You won't be dissatisfied with either, and on my winter beater, I don't use either, stick with the Paint Sealant!

I hate to thread-jack, but I have a quick question. I recently bought the old Americana in the big can. What opening issues were people having with it?

The lid on the old container can sometimes form a slight vacuum that distorts the plastic a little bit, requiring more muscles to open. With mine, I will spin the lid on until it is tight, then I will unscrew it about a half-inch turn so that it's still sealed up but easier to unscrew for the next use.

I hate to thread-jack, but I have a quick question. I recently bought the old Americana in the big can. What opening issues were people having with it?

Oh let me tell you the struggles of the old jar. Me and the old jar went all sorts of rounds whenever I'd try to use it. I had to go as far as prying it open with a screw driver, which ultimately lead to the demise of the lid.

Alright I got my tin of Americana today. Impressions as to the unused product:

Packaging- A+ - this will NOT warp, very sturdy container and lid. Extra points to the Adams team to use a separator in the container with the directions on it in between the wax and the applicator!

Scent and color- excellent! I think all will love it.

I assume we still recommend not storing the applicator in the container if stored in the fridge correct? Or in general for that matter?

Looking forward to using the new "easy on and easy off" formula!

Is the application easy on and easy off like butter now Wolf?  I havent used it but did a beta test a year ago on one of the first improved formulas and it was much easier to use then.

Original formula wasn't bad per se, but you had to work quick.  Apply thin to 1-2 panels, go back immediately and remove.

Is the application easy on and easy off like butter now Wolf? I havent used it but did a beta test a year ago on one of the first improved formulas and it was much easier to use then.

Original formula wasn't bad per se, but you had to work quick. Apply thin to 1-2 panels, go back immediately and remove.

Very easy. I applied it to the whole truck before wiping any off.

^^That is what I am talking about.  Basically has the application ease of Paint Sealant but a bit of extra dripping shine from Nuba.  Awesome, I can't wait to use it.

You still are not storing your applicator in the tin are you?  I'm especially impressed at how well the applicator fits.

^^That is what I am talking about.  Basically has the application ease of Paint Sealant but a bit of extra dripping shine from Nuba.  Awesome, I can't wait to use it.

You still are not storing your applicator in the tin are you?  I'm especially impressed at how well the applicator fits.

No, I never store the applicator in the container.  It gets washed, air dried for a few days on the rack, then into a plastic bin for storage.

No, I never store the applicator in the container. It gets washed, air dried for a few days on the rack, then into a plastic bin for storage.

I bought the red hex applicator along with my "old" can of Americana. I'm going to use it this weekend on a truck I'm detailing for a co-worker.