Customer Service 866.965.0400

Haven't detailed in a year or so. Questions.

Shawnss

Question

Hello all, its been a year or so since i have picked up the polisher and went to town. with a new home, two boys under 3 and other hobbies I just havent had time.

I have a friend who bought a used Evo White in color. the car looks like the owner left it outdoors and parked under a tree at work. Its not really bad but could use some detail love.

I have a lot of Adams' product thats been stored inside my home out of the cold winters and hot summers

I do not have the new pads the have the foam pads, green, orange, white and black. along with the same color compounds.

My question is have my products been outdated from sitting the last year? indoors, I used it a bit here and there for quick lights light scuffs and headlight correction.

Next after Im done with the paint correction. what would be best to apply to a white daily driven vehicle? I have the following, Buttery wax, Brilliant glaze, paint sealant and americana wax.

Thanks for any info. been awhile so most has slipped my mind in my old age. 31 lol

10 answers to this question

^^ This is true. And being that they have been kept indoors, I would bet that they have the maximum lifespan.

As far as protection on a daily driver, definitely use Paint Sealant. You can layer shinier products on top if you wish.

Even though they have a shelf life, I take it with a grain of salt. Unless I see that a product has a different smell, different look or different performance; I still use them as normal even if it's been 3-4 years. Let's face it, it's not like an expired detail spray bottle would put a hole through your paint.

The cream type products seem to be more inclined to go bad at some point than the spray type products.

Edited by AvsBest

^  Sounds like you drink milk after the date on the jug......as long as it passes the sniff test, I do!

I agree though, just look them over before you decide to use them or not.  I would believe that if anything the products may not work as well as "new".  But overall, I would bet they are fine.

Here are some pics of a correction to my GTO a few months back with PCP and PFP that I have had for a few years.  Pretty sure I got them when they first came out and I had no troubles with them.  Getting ready to use them again shortly.  I definitely think that 8oz bottle options are a good idea. With the typical discount coupons that are offered quite frequently by Adams, they are a good value option.  Most competitors are in this price range for 8oz size products.  Any chance that empty bottles will be available for sale?

post-2865-0-69613100-1458766970_thumb.jpg

post-2865-0-20507900-1458766948_thumb.jpg

post-2865-0-75588900-1458766930_thumb.jpg

post-2865-0-42658000-1458766959_thumb.jpg

post-2865-0-33244300-1458766915_thumb.jpg

post-2865-0-21016100-1458766873_thumb.jpg

post-2865-0-25219500-1458766859_thumb.jpg

Ok thanks for the info. so after I apply the paint sealant is there anything else I should apply on top of that for added shine or a protector or should the paint sealant do. I havent used paint sealant before its still a new bottle.

Definitely recommend picking up some H2O Guard & Gloss to use every 3-4 washes just for maintenance. But right now on my white daily driver truck I have layered paint sealant over brilliant glaze, then the following week I applied H2O G&G during a wash for some photos, and 2 weeks later I applied buttery wax after a wash. Great amount of shine. All products are easy to use.

Using H2O Guard & Gloss as "maintenance" after every 4th wash (or so) would not be a bad idea.   

(edit: Looks like James is faster on the trigger than I!)

Edited by LT1xL82