Customer Service 866.965.0400

How many of you are using the Merino Wool wash mitt?

cweidert03

Question

Caring for your Adam's Ultimate Merino Wool Car Wash Mitt couldn't be easier! Simply rinse clean after use, comb through lightly with your fingers to inspect for trapped debris then hang dry in an area out of direct sunlight. If your mitt loses its fluff simply comb the fibers out with a hair brush while drying.

Has this been discontinued from the site??  I found one the other day in a nice sealed tupperware container so I'm good, but wondering for future purchases.

Matt

Does anyone know if they've been discontinued? I can't seem to find them on the website either.

I have one and honestly I prefer the wool pad over the mitt. I wish I hadn't gotten the mitt as it was expensive and I never use it anymore. It never seems to get as soapy as the pad, it's a drag to use, and takes forever to dry. Lately I've gone back to the wedge anyways. But that just my own personal opinion. Seems most people love it. I might throw mine in the pay it forward thread eventually.

Edited by Mariner

I have 2 ..one is brand new. Never had an issue with the one I use ..its still going strong after 4 years.

From what I remember there is a trick to it.. before using the Merino Mitt I sprayed it with APS (All Purpose Solvent) to wash the oils out of the wool. Once I did that I rinsed very well. I again washed it with car shampoo.. Rinsed again and it worked fine..held the suds in better and worked well.

I usually just set it on top of the grit guard and rinse it out if the car isn't super dirty. I'll throw it in the washer when I feel its needs it lol mine is about 2 years old and it works ok. But it seems like it sheds more now. I'll find little wool fibers all trough the car when I'm done washing. After washing it today, I started combing it with my fingers in the direction the wool naturally goes and man was it shedding. My whole shirt was covered in wool in no time. I decided to use a soft bristle baby comb instead of my fingers and seems like it got worse. :mellow: