Customer Service 866.965.0400

Dilluting H20 Guard & Gloss

Ace22

Question

I hinted towards this in another thread, but had the opportunity after a rain to try this.

Background:  1 month ago paint correction, wash, clay, light polish, and 2 coats of liquid paint sealant.

We had a good rain today, came home, and after a waterless wash/dry, I dilluted H20 Guard & Gloss in my kwazar bottle 1:16 ratio...similar to rinseless.  I sprayed on, wiped off and was relatively pleased with the results.  My thought was to remove any left over smudges from the waterless wash, and enhance the gloss as easy as possible.

My question is:  even though this is "water activated"...why can't you dillute, activate, then spray on/wipe off?

I also assume that the biggest ingredient in H20 G&G is...well, water, so why not try it.  Anyone else try this?  Any of the Adam's team experiment with this with any success? (sorry for crappy cell phone pic)

post-11325-0-12637800-1458867450_thumb.jpg

16 answers to this question

My question is:  even though this is "water activated"...why can't you dillute, activate, then spray on/wipe off?

I also assume that the biggest ingredient in H20 G&G is...well, water, so why not try it.  Anyone else try this?  Any of the Adam's team experiment with this with any success? (sorry for crappy cell phone pic)

Interesting thought Darrin.  

We did not try that specific scenario when we were Beta Testing the product, but did ask a question about adding it to your Rinseless Wash bucket.  Dylan's answer is below.

Just ran the math and it would waste a lot of product to get a reasonable dilution. Plus the wax and surfactant content of the Rinseless Wash would be counterproductive to the sealant.

This is a very delicately balanced product. Even scents made it act differently (vanilla made it turn beige, cinnamon sugar made it turn green, cotton candy made it turn yellow) so if even a few drops of scent can change the color of gallons I'd be hesitant to mix it with other products 

Edited by mc2hill

Absolutely nothing scientific about this experiment, nor am I a chemist. These are just my observations of watching the product react. 

Shot with an iPhone 6. Take it easy, first time I've ever recorded myself in this format.

H2O by itself.

https://youtu.be/rYpj5VMZTes
H2O w/ distilled water. Effective dilution 1:1

https://youtu.be/sqgvcqANlgo

Edited by stripesace

Nice job on the videos. Interesting to see it react like that.

Curious as to why the need to dilute it? At 1:16 I would imagine there's almost no protection being put down, which would defeat the purpose of H2O GG.

Curious as to why the need to dilute it? At 1:16 I would imagine there's almost no protection being put down, which would defeat the purpose of H2O GG.

That's what I'm saying! This product was designed to function a certain way. Its not like you use a whole bottle per car anyway. I've only used about 20oz 6 months, granted I've not used it as regularly as  I might should have. my wife's SUV requires 30 sprays on average. My sedan, 20. 

Thanks for the responses guys...and to clarify I didn't combine it with rinseless, just the same ratio.  My only reason for trying this is to get a quick detail type from the product while adding shine.  I don't use the quick detail or rinseless diluted because caused a lot of dust accumulation.  I am also not interested in adding protection as my 2 layers of liquid paint sealant should hold up for a few months at least.

Thanks also for the video, and yes the separation happened, but gently shaking prior to spraying helped.  

As promised... This morning. Almost as I predicted. There was some separation, some large clumps, and some of it dried hard. It was crusted on the surface.

The desperation was mostly water, and not seperateted like it does in the bottle.

H2O G&G should NOT be diluted or mixed with water except for when using as it was intended. When mixed with water it activates and reacts.

Thanks for letting me play chemist for 10 hours.

post-13391-0-68978100-1458916101_thumb.jpg

post-13391-0-68044900-1458916209_thumb.jpg

I'm not a scientist or chemist either, well technically I am a scientist since my degree says so, but that's irrelevant here :)

We recommend using H2O Guard & Gloss as intended and not diluting it down with water inside of the bottle, as it could give undesired results as seen above. I know most of us on here are detailing enthusiasts and will play around with trying different things with products, and that is fine, but in this case, if you do decide to dilute HGG down, that is not something we will warranty if it causes issues inside of your bottle.

What I am eluding to here is a synthetic detail spray (no carnuba) that enhances gloss.  Currently I have been using CG V07 over my lsp and have been happy.  Would be interested in such a product through Adams.

What I am eluding to here is a synthetic detail spray (no carnuba) that enhances gloss.  Currently I have been using CG V07 over my lsp and have been happy.  Would be interested in such a product through Adams.

Synthetic - Check

Detail spray - ? not really

Enhances Gloss - Check

H2O Guard and Gloss is not a detail spray but its great over an LSP. 

The biggest hassle I have with H20 G&G is with the towels. I usually have trouble keeping the dry towel from hitting the ground while I'm wiping with the wet one, lol!

Heres an idea for you Chris and its what I do - Use a bucket of water (I use my rinseless bucket with no grit guard, keep 2 towels soaking in the water and 1-2 towels (drying) folded over the edge of the bucket -

Grab the wet towel out, wring it out a bit spread the H2O - toss the wet towel back in bucket, pick up dry towel and dry panel, hang over bucket.  Then grab a wet towel out of bucket and wring it out again and repeat.

Keeps fresh water on the application towel and saves you from dropping towels :)

Wouldn't Adams Detail Spray be what you are looking for.  I believe it has gloss enhancers but is not a carnuba.

Wouldn't Adams Detail Spray be what you are looking for.  I believe it has gloss enhancers but is not a carnuba.

I thought it had a small amount of carnuba?  it does seem whenever I use it it really attracts the dust/pollen in my area.  I love the smell and it does enhance gloss though.  

I do love H20 Guard and gloss...actually it's awesome over my lsp, just not as quick, but also thanks for the tip Jason!

Edited by Ace22