Customer Service 866.965.0400

CLAYING QUESTION

Tkitch92

Question

Hi everyone! I have just washed my car and started to clay it. I am using the Detail Spray as a lubricant and not all(about half) of the contaminates are coming out of the paint. Is there a stronger lubricant that can be safely used to remove all of the contaminates? Any other ideas how to get the contaminates out? Thanks

11 answers to this question

You're still using a quality clay there. 

I've done some side by side testing with the visco clay both with and without the geometric tool.... There was some efficiency gained, but I found myself wanting to refold the clay more often (not a bad thing honestly..) which may have negated the time gained. 

^I actually used the geo tool this weekend and really like the texture on the bar - its nice when used as a holder, or even if you are old school and like to just hold the bar itself, I just put the impression on the one side, go to town, then put the impression on the other side and then fold/ rework.

I had some older clay I was using up, didnt use the visco clay itself yet

Edited by Ricky Bobby

^I actually used the geo tool this weekend and really like the texture on the bar - its nice when used as a holder, or even if you are old school and like to just hold the bar itself, I just put the impression on the one side, go to town, then put the impression on the other side and then fold/ rework.

I had some older clay I was using up, didnt use the visco clay itself yet

I would only use the impression tool on one side before folding. I tried doing the sided approach and I had a harder time folding the clay to get a "clean" section again.

I use the geoimpression tool, then use it as a "holder" with the smooth side on the clay. When I'm at the point of feeling like it needs to be folded, I fold over the dirty side and work it, and then use the impression tool again on the flattest clean side. 

If that makes sense... 

I am using The Meguiars clay kit. I ordered that before i found out about adams. I kno Adams Visco Clay is textured and does a better job but i dont want to purchase another clay kit.

In my experience that clay requires a lot more effort to remove contaminants.