Customer Service 866.965.0400

Buttery wax with red hex grip

AvsBest

Question

9 answers to this question

Can you do it? Is it just "better" with the yellow? Thoughts? I have a red one and I'm wondering if I really need a yellow one...

Red one is just fine.  I use it for buttery wax and brilliant glaze.

I believe they are the same foam. Feel the same to me at least. Just color coded to the product. 

I just ordered a red for paint sealant. I plan on washing my car this week so I can top my fresh coat of Paint Sealant with H2O guard and gloss, and then I plan on following THAT up with some Buttery Wax. 

You could use a machine to apply it if you wish. However, as Bill stated the Buttery Wax is such an easy on/off product it may actually take you longer with the machine. The benefit by machine would be a much more uniform application of the product.

^^^^^ What Chris said :)

I like the Yellow Hex better for Buttery Wax, but if you're in a pinch and don't have one, a Red Hex or Microfiber Applicator Block Pad will work ok too. I like keeping things color-coded though so that I don't mix multiple products in one applicator, especially for things like Buttery Wax and Paint Sealant that are a little more difficult to fully remove all of the product out of the applicator when cleaning the applicators. 

Can you machine apply the buttery wax? Is there even any benefit to doing that? I used my red pad and machine applied sealant last fall and that was nice and easy, but I'm not sure about the carnauba in the Buttery Wax.