Customer Service 866.965.0400

Will this work?

wqa_peanut

Question

Just a quick question, I was wondering would the H2O guard and gloss play nice over top of Patriot? I waxed my car with Patriot about 2 weeks back and was going to use the guard and gloss when I wash. Don't  know if there will be issues with streaking and such. Thanks.

5 answers to this question

I don't think it would be a problem, but you might have better results with Brilliant Glaze. I agree with stripesace though. Maybe someone more familiar with Patriot Wax will chime in with better advice.

I think of patriot wax as my show car wax but it can be used for daily drivers if you want the best depth and shine. You can use H20 G&G over the wax if you so choose, it may hinder the depth and shine of the paint compared to the results 2 weeks ago whenever you applied and removed patriot. To keep that depth and shine that patriot gives the paint, I would recommend just using detail spray when drying the car that way you keep the car looking like you had it after you applied patriot wax.

In your case, I would use H20 G&G after a wash in 2-4 weeks and if you want that added depth and shine again after using H20 G&G, make patriot your LSP. The reason I say in 2-4 weeks depends on weather conditions, whether the car sits outside or is garage kept, etc. can change the lifespan of how long the wax lasts.

Edited by SJC96GT

I would think putting HGG over the the top of a wax would cause it to not bond very well and could cause the sealant to degrade quicker. You should definitely use HGG as a base coat for the wax. I wouldn't see any harm in trying it as long as you have a sealant as a base coat.

Edited by Kingsford

I may be wrong, but I was always under the impression that HGG is designed to bond to either an existing wax OR sealant as opposed to LPS, which is designed to bond to the car itself, hence HGG being more of a maintenance product designed to use when you wash.  You don't want to use HGG as the only protection.  It's also optically clear so in theory, you can't put on too much.   I've found that every 3rd or 4th wash is plenty adequate.  

So, for the OP, the answer is yes, it will be fine.  

- Darryl