Customer Service 866.965.0400

Brilliant Glaze & Patriot

shaunwistow

Question

25 answers to this question

Hi Shaun, yes the Brilliant Glaze will provide a little more gloss and also has filling properties to temporarily mask minor imperfections that may not come out 100% when machine polishing. Since Brilliant Glaze does not offer really any protection, you can layer it as well. I like to put on a coat the night before a car show, or even at the show once I park the car to add that extra wow factor for the judges :)

Definitely a good product to have and a little goes a long way.  It also performs incredibly well on chrome and really shines the sever chrome under-bite that it my front bumper lol.

Right glaze ordered, any benefit of applying it with a dual action polisher rather than by hand?

Just speed and the ability to apply a more uniform coat of glaze. Either way it wipes off with extreme ease. Edited by James__

On the subject of Brilliant Glaze:

Dylan told me that the amount of petroleum distillates in the product is minimal and hence it is safe for paint protection films (Xpel Ultimate specifically). Is this still Adam's position? I'd REALLY like to try this on my car this spring!  :)

I've had no issues with Brilliant Glaze on 3M Clear Bra but I have not yet tried it on Xpel. It should be fine to use occasionally, but like any other polish, wax, or sealant product, you want to pay special care to keep it away from the edges of the paint protection film so that it doesn't build up on the edge or try to lift it off of the surface of the clear coat.

Glaze just arrived :)

After applying the glaze can patriot be added straight away? if so, after I have applied the wax, how long does that have to cure before I can add another layer of glaze?

Glaze just arrived :)

After applying the glaze can patriot be added straight away? if so, after I have applied the wax, how long does that have to cure before I can add another layer of glaze?

Correct, glaze, wipe, wax, wipe, don suglasses and enjoy!

Wax doesn't really cure in the way a polymer sealant would. If it's haZed and wiped off go ahead and top it if you wish. Although with Patriot you won't need to.

Didn't know if the wax had to "gas out" before adding anything over it

Alright, I'm going to beat a dead horse a little bit more. One of my vehicles currently has LSP and buttery wax, buttery wax was put on several washes ago. The other just has LSP, put on last week. Would the procedure be 2 bucket wash with just shampoo, machine on the brilliant glaze, wipe off, apply Patriot, wipe off? 

I'm looking forward to it! Just using things I've gotten in mystery boxes. Apply the glaze with the grey pad?

Apply Glaze with a red pad if possible. It's a finer foam designed to be used with the glaze as it is a finer product.