Customer Service 866.965.0400

Glass sealant and H20 G&G

Lee

Question

6 answers to this question

I like to use the sealant first and then H2O. I think the sealant would prove much more durable, but don't really have any evidence to back that up. Maybe a split window test is in order! Either way, I look at H2O as a way to replenish the GS and an easy way to seal the glass during the wash process. I think f you didn't have the GS it would probably be a decent option to just use H2O. But again durability wise, I would be willing to bet the GS goes a bit longer. Mine seems to last foooorrreeevvvvvveerrrr.

Edited by Junior

I usually skip the windshield when I do H2O and just go straight for the glass sealant. I probably use glass sealant too often but today in some light rain, I never needed my windshield wipers until I got into the stop and go stuff. Once I got up to 40MPH or greater traffic, windshield wipers just made noise and lines on my windshield that weren't necessary. LOVE glass sealant. 

I like to use the sealant first and then H2O. I think the sealant would prove much more durable, but don't really have any evidence to back that up. Maybe a split window test is in order! Either way, I look at H2O as a way to replenish the GS and and easy way to seal the glass during the wash process. I think f you didn't have the GS it would probably be a decent option to just use H2O. But again durability wise, I would be willing to bet the GS goes a bit longer. Mine seems to last foooorrreeevvvvvveerrrr.

This is exactly how all my windows stay treated.

Glass sealant since it lasts so long. Also I think G&G is easily broken down by the mechanical action of your wipers - the first and only time I used G&G on my windshield I noticed some light gray buildup vertically along the driver's side after a couple days of rain, as if the wipers were slowly scraping the G&G away. Everywhere else though it's terrific.