Customer Service 866.965.0400

New guy from Wisconsin

I'm new to car detailing and admit I have no clue what I'm doing. Most of my cars are 15 years old and not worth washing let alone waxing. But the wife needed a reliable car for when she needs to go someplace so we ended up splurging and buying a new Audi. This car really deserves to be washed and kept shiney so somehow I ended up at Adams website. I placed an order and received it today now I'm wondering if I even bought the right products. I got the wash and foam gun, mitts and towels. VRT, all purpose cleaner, interior kit for Glass and leather. For wax I got the brilliant glaze and patriot wax and detail spray. I was thinking of the brilliant glaze and then a coat of patriot and the detail spray after a quick wash. Now I'm confused by all the products and not sure I bought the right products for my new car. The car is driven a few days a week and garage kept never left outside. Any advice for a newbie is appreciated.

Welcome to the Adam's forums!

You have a good start of products on getting the Audi cleaned and protected, and shiny.

Your best bet is to watch the Adam's videos for additional information on using the products, and getting the desired results from each one you have.

Be sure to post up some pictures of the Audi once you get it "Adamized."

:welcome: 

​You definentely chose the right company for your products! I don't know your exact needs for maintaining your car but I can tell you that you will most likely love all of these products. I would apply the patriot wax before the brilliant glaze though. The brilliant glaze is not really a wax it just adds an incredible amount of shine. I think it is more for a "show" car. However the all purpose cleaner is great for cleaning tires, wheel wells, engine, and pads/sponges, etc. The detail spray is great for spot touch ups, as well as aiding in drying. Spray your car with detail spray before drying to prevent water spots and really speed up the drying time. Treat your tires and trim with VRT for an amazing look. Don't get confused, go watch the videos on the website and you will notice all the products are extremely easy to use!

Edited by ChevyBoy92

Welcome!

Robert and Jason provided some good info, and your supplies look spot on.  

With BG, it can be applied over wax or PS, to 'lock' it in, apply BG and top it with Patriot. 

Welcome to the forum.  Like others have said, watch the videos and get a good idea of how to use each product, and then figure out how far you want to go in your detail.  You don't have to buy every product to get great results.  I think you have a great start.  :welcomebanner:

I've been waiting to try my new Adams products but it's been cold and rainy in Wisconsin. Finally quit raining and warmed up to 40 so did a quick clean up on grandmas new grandkid hauler. Washed with new Adams foam gun, dried with a double soft and a bit of detail spray. Put a coat of brilliant glaze on and topped with patriot wax. I only had a couple hours can't believe how easy everything goes on and comes off. I didn't have anything to do the tires and wheels with, had to put in another order. When we picked the car up the sales lady said you won't get it any shinier then that...I think she was wrong. My first time using Adams products I'm really impressed with everything I used.

post-14140-0-26372800-1460071152_thumb.jpeg

post-14140-0-82322200-1460071238_thumb.jpeg

post-14140-0-57609900-1460071410_thumb.jpeg

post-14140-0-79863700-1460071541_thumb.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...